I Wrecked the tail wheel

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
lifejogger
Airman Basic

I Wrecked the tail wheel

Post by lifejogger »

I love flying the Cub but unfortunately on landing I brought the tail down to hard and nocked the tail wheel up into the rudder. I thought that if I reloaded the aircraft that would fix the tail wheel but it did not. So I shut down FSX and then started it back up and started a new flight with the Cub but the tail wheel is still in the botton of the rudder. Short of reinstalling the Cub how can I fix this?

Thanks,

John

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Re: I Wrecked the tail wheel

Post by Tigerclaw »

Press <shift>7 (I think it is) and then press the "Overhaul" button. That should repair the aircraft as new. Whatever damage you do to the aircraft, STAYS with the aircraft until you "Repair" it, just like in real life. Each aircraft, Float, Tundra, normal wheel, has it OWN data file that records the hours, damage, engine wear, oil etc. So if you damage say the Tundra, the others are as you left them.

Hope this helps :)
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

lifejogger
Airman Basic

Post by lifejogger »

Tigerclaw wrote:Press <shift>7 (I think it is) and then press the "Overhaul" button. That should repair the aircraft as new. Whatever damage you do to the aircraft, STAYS with the aircraft until you "Repair" it, just like in real life. Each aircraft, Float, Tundra, normal wheel, has it OWN data file that records the hours, damage, engine wear, oil etc. So if you damage say the Tundra, the others are as you left them.

Hope this helps :)

I did press the overhaul button and it reset my engine hours to zero but it did nothing for the air frame.

Where is the data file/

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Ah, that I can't tell you, my computer is busted and I can't check, sorry. Someone else may be able to tell you.

In the mean time, does it look the same in both the Tundra version and the normal wheel version? That may help narrow things down a bit for the pros. Also a picture may help other people too.

Sorry I couldn't help further :(

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

lifejogger
Airman Basic

Post by lifejogger »

Tigerclaw wrote:Ah, that I can't tell you, my computer is busted and I can't check, sorry. Someone else may be able to tell you.

In the mean time, does it look the same in both the Tundra version and the normal wheel version? That may help narrow things down a bit for the pros. Also a picture may help other people too.

Sorry I couldn't help further :(
Yes it is the same in the tundra version and the normal wheeled version.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Then you probably haven't broken it yourself with bad handling, that sounds more like a graphical issue with the model as a whole.

I reckon it might be a case of re-installing the cub. But give it some time to see if someone else can help out here.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Check advanced animations is set to on and all settings are as per the manual

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

lifejogger
Airman Basic

Post by lifejogger »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Check advanced animations is set to on and all settings are as per the manual

thanks,
Lewis

Bingo, that is it. I must have accidentally unchecked it at some time.

Thanks Lewis.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”