No wind noise when window opened

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
billhuntsman
Airman First Class

No wind noise when window opened

Post by billhuntsman »

I have been enjoying the Spitfire so much that I decided to purchase the Cub. So far the cub is working out great except for one minor issue.

In the product video, when the window is cracked open, there is a definite whistling wind noise. When I open the window in flight, although there are sounds of the window opening, I get none of that wind noise. I have the Accusim volume set at max and I turned down the engine noise a bit just to check as well as setting cockpit and environment sound levels at max, but I don't hear any wind noise. All other sounds/effects seem to be working fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Bill

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Re: No wind noise when window opened

Post by BPL »

I've had a similar issue ever since I bought this plane. Here's a link to a thread that I started about it: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 65&t=19477. At one time, I thought the issue was resolved. But now I don't think it is. TBH, I haven't flown the Cub in a while, so I'm not really sure if it still occurs.

mos2net
Senior Airman

Post by mos2net »

((("whistling wind noise"))).

I had the same problem, and finaly changed the open "window" air sound with the one from P-47 Razorback, and now everything works fine.

mos :wink:

billhuntsman
Airman First Class

Post by billhuntsman »

Thanks, both of you. I tried moving the Accusim volume slider to 0% and then back to 100%. No difference. Tried a less complex scenery -- no difference. I uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft including the latest updates and I can say that there is a whistling wind noise when the window is cracked; it's just very faint. I can only really make it out a little if either I set the FS sound setting for the engine way down (25% or less) or I can also hear it a little if the throttle is cut for approach. This is with the FS sound sliders for cockpit and environment set to 100%. Certainly, it seemed more noticeable in the video.

I wonder if there is any way to increase the volume of the wind sound file? Maybe someone from A2A knows.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Turn your cockpit and environment down in FSX. We use our own sound engine to achieve the extras that FSX doesnt support so the fsx sound menu has no bearing.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

billhuntsman
Airman First Class

Post by billhuntsman »

Thank you for clarifying that. I'll set the sliders back to their normal positions. However, this still does not answer my other question -- is there any way to increase the volume of the wind noise when the window is cracked? In its current form you really can't hear it unless the engine is almost at idle or the engine noise slider is turned way down.

mos2net
Senior Airman

Post by mos2net »

billhuntsman wrote:Thank you for clarifying that. I'll set the sliders back to their normal positions. However, this still does not answer my other question -- is there any way to increase the volume of the wind noise when the window is cracked? In its current form you really can't hear it unless the engine is almost at idle or the engine noise slider is turned way down.
Yes, ther is, but the easy way, (I think). =>>>>>>

((("whistling wind noise"))).

I will try one's more. = Why, because I got the same (similar) answer from "(Lewis-A2A)" sorry Lewis-A2A :wink: , but, the answer doesn't solved the problem (in my case). But changing the open window "noise", "stolen" from the wop P-47 Razorback, and rename it to the same as in the "Cup", made my day .
If you don't have the "wop P-47 Razorback", maybe try with the the "Spit", you already have.
OBS ! (If I remember right, the problem, wasn't there before Cup / wop P-47 Razorback update) long time passed))

"((("whistling wind noise"))).
I had the same problem, and finally changed the open "window" air sound with the one from P-47 Razorback, and now everything works fine."

mos :roll:

PS! By the way, everything worked fine (with the "Cup") until an update came along. :roll:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The update made the wind sound lower due to the speed of the cub, it naturally wasnt right having the rush from the P47 in the cub, something that flys at running pace.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”