Tundtra tire and no engine start

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Zgredd
Senior Airman

Tundtra tire and no engine start

Post by Zgredd »

Hello,
I have a strange problem. When I load a tundra tire version (default skin, default airfield, reinstallation the aircraft and accusim didn't help), I can't start the engine. Whats more - when I press AUTOSTART in 2d panel, engine starts for about 3 seconds and stops -> repeat starts, stops after 3 sec. Always 2 auto-starts, always stops. Whats more - when its on for 3 sec. I have noticed unnatural cockpit shake animation.
Normal tire, floats and ski versions works well. I don't know if there is some connecetion, but I think Piper was OK before Spitfire and B17 installation.
Any idea? ;)

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Tundtra tire and no engine start

Post by pjc747 »

Well, sometimes when I load my cub, it goes into the sim, without fuel in the engine! So try the ctrl+4 menu and add fuel, and sometimes oil will be 100%, but when I hit cold start to do the full startup from the normal engine on after loading, oil will drop out completely, as if it just vaporized. Maybe this is your problem.

Zgredd
Senior Airman

Post by Zgredd »

Didn't help. :(

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

I doubt there's a connection with the Spit or B-17. I had the Piper installed, then I installed the WOP3 Spit months later, and then shortly after that the B-17. All mine are working fine.

I'm assuming you are following exactly the same procedure for each of these aircraft, from actually starting up FSX to the point you try to start engines? That is to say, you start FSX fresh before you try the other Pipers? I'm also assuming you have "checked" the engine state of the Tundra version?

Of course you have, silly question. I wouldn't worry about the cockpit shaking, mine does that too when idling low. Have you checked throttle calibration, if you have one? If that isn't right, maybe the throttle is just a tad too low for that particular model to "catch" properly. Remember all those different craft have different characteristics.

If none of those work, or cure the problem, the only other thing I can think of is: There is a file for each aircraft in your "My Documents/A2A/FSX/Piper J3" folder that holds all the data for that aircraft. Maybe backup the "J3Tlog.dat" file then delete it and let FSX make a new one? That's all I can think of right now. If that doesn't make things right, then put the original file back. You will lose all the airframe and engine time with a new file, but it may be worth a try. If it doesn't work, and you put the original back, you've lost nothing.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

Zgredd
Senior Airman

Post by Zgredd »

Blast me! I forgot to check the overhaul :mrgreen: All works perfect now. Thank you!

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Easily done. People forget that each different craft has it's OWN management system.

Glad you got it all sorted :)
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Well, that'll do it!

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”