Fast Joe's Taxi repaint problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Paul81
Airman Basic

Fast Joe's Taxi repaint problem

Post by Paul81 »

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum, new to sims, and even new to PCs having been a Mac person for many years. Ive still managed to successfully instal a couple of freeware planes as well as the A2A Cub. I'm running Windows 7 with the FSX Expansion Pack.

Wasn't sure if this is the proper place to post since this is about a freeware texture add on for the Cub - not about the A2A product itself.

Anyway, I downloaded the 'Maloney' Fast Joe's Taxi repaint for the cub. The download came with 4 folders, 5 jpg photos (all the same - identical to the thumbnail included in one of the folders) and a READ ME. The READ ME said to copy the folders into the sim objects/ aircraft file and to select 'yes' when asked for permission to overwrite. Simple enough. However when I go to Freeflight / change aircraft ('all variations' ticked), the repaint plane doesn't show. Am i doing something wrong?

EDITED TO ADD: Problem solved - being a newb I thought the cfg edit text was for advanced users or something - I pasted it in and it now runs fine. Fantastic texture with heaps of character and fun to fly

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”