A2A Piper J3 Cub Does Not Show Up

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jesseca5
Airman

A2A Piper J3 Cub Does Not Show Up

Post by jesseca5 »

I have the Piper J3 on a DVD. When I do an install, I have four files to load. First is the J3. Second is the J3 Accusim. Third is the J3 Update 1.1 and the Fourth is the Hotfix 1.1.

The program appears to install normally and at the end of the installation I get a successfull install note.

When I select the J3 and go to my airport of choice, the aircraft does not show up; however the pilot and the female passenger in the rear seat do appear. On the runway they are sitting just a few feet above the ground. In the air, they appear to be flying along by themselves. I have made three uninstalls and reinstalls with the same affect. I do not have an instrument panel and strangely, when it is sitting on the runway, the shadow of the J3 is there; wings, fuse, etc.,

I am running Windows XP Media 5 on a Dell XPS 600. I have plenty of memory and my video card is the ATI Radeon P2600. I don't have this problem with the B-377.

Hope someone can help on this.

Jesse

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Piper J3 Cub Does Not Show Up

Post by Norforce »

Hello,

Make sure your FSX is updated to SP2 and your settings are as per the manual.

SP2 download;
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... 41a3e27ff0

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
This can be found here

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 65&t=21343

Ron
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

jesseca5
Airman

Re: A2A Piper J3 Cub Does Not Show Up

Post by jesseca5 »

It's the little things that trip you up. Thanks, fellows. The SP 2 did the trick and the little cub is now airborne.

Jesse

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”