Heidi won't show up

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
hertzie
Airman

Heidi won't show up

Post by hertzie »

Hi there, I used to fly the cub in FSX Acc. under Windows XP and everything was doing fine. Unfortunately I had to buy a new laptop and now I have Windows 7 Ultimate. Installed FSX, SP1, SP2, Acceleration, the Cub, all the updates and fixes, everything works great, the Cub flies ok, the only thing is that Heidi won't show up. I begged her, fell on my knees, even cursed to her, but no way. Tried a new deodorant and got a clean shave, that didn't either. Somebody has a suggestion? Best regards, Hertzie.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Heidi won't show up

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

are your settings set correctly, in particular the advanced animation setting?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

hertzie
Airman

Post by hertzie »

Please be so kind to give me more detailed info. I thought I had done everything, but as a 63-year old digi-illiterate I might have forgotten some important things. So your help would be very much appreciated. Kind regards, Erik.

hertzie
Airman

Post by hertzie »

Hi Lewis, I tried and tried ALL kind of settings, when I give in that there is a passenger (even if I give in that she only weighs 1 kilo) Heidi shows up, but no sounds (she is as silent as dead).When I use the settings advised by A2A the cub flies awful, she flatters like a butterfly. So for me the cub is no fun anymore, but what interests me is if it is Windows 7 that causes all the trouble. Kind regards, hertzie.

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

Have you tried reinstalling the cub? And I just noticed, you installed SP1, SP2 and acceleration. This is not needed, install SP1 and the acceleration, sp2 is included in acceleration.
Lukas
ImageImage

hertzie
Airman

Post by hertzie »

Hi MTFDarkEagle, yes, I reïnstalled the cub 3 times. But I noticed that I have several planes, especially payware planes, that don't work well in Windows7, like the MAAM-sim Avenger, where the vc-panel instruments didn't show themselves. It took me several days to find out that there was 1 gauge that I should have deleted (the vc-gauge) and then everything worked fine. But in Windows XP I had none of those problems. So maybe 1 day I find out why Heidi won't talk to me. Thanks for your help, hertzie.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Are you running service Pack 2, and are your audio drivers up to date?

thanks,
Lewis

hertzie
Airman

Post by hertzie »

Hi Lewis, I run Acceleration and I have downloaded the latest driver for Windows 7 for my audio, but it is no succes. Heidi shows up, grabs the cockpittubes when I make a roll, should be nervous as hell or should have fun, but no way, dead silent.

Thanks for your patience and help, hertzie.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Do you have other accusim addons?

does the sound work in those?

hertzie
Airman

Post by hertzie »

Hi Lewis, as far as I know: no. I have again reïnstalled the cub with all the upgrades, the result is still the same. I changed some settings and now the cub flies better, but now the engine stops after 45 seconds, and when I do a restart, it stops again after 15 seconds. But as we say in Holland: "one day everything will be fine....". So we'll see what we can try the next time. For me (but who am I??) it is a Windows7 problem. Again thanks for your patience and help, hertzie.

GlennC
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by GlennC »

Hertzie,

The engine has problems staying on if the fuel shut-off by your left knee is off. If you start cold and dark, that switch is off.

It might help to know a bit more about your PC, especially things like how much system memory (RAM) and what video and graphics cards. For the video card, how much memory is on it? For what little its worth, I'm running Win7 ultimate on a slight over three year old PC and a graphics card that's newer than that. My FSX install is exactly what Lewis suggested: FSX, SP1 and Acceleration. The Cub is a dream on this PC. Heidi is her usual charming self.

Glenn

hertzie
Airman

Post by hertzie »

Hi Glen, thanks for the help. I have a 2 month old MSI GX740 laptop with the following specs (I'm on vacation now, so I took the specs from Internet: "It has a 17-inch 1680 x 1050 display, 500GB hard drive, 4GB DDR3 RAM, Bluetooth, Windows 7 Home Premium (is changed to Ultimate), Quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, Mobility Radeon HD 5870 graphics, 7.1 channel audio output, Wi-Fi b/g/n, built-in subwoofer, HDMI output, 2 megapixel webcam, plus 9-cell battery"). Hope this is enough info. Kind regards, hertzie.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Hertzie,

it isnt a win7 problem I run WIN7 Pro 64bit OS and all is fine.

I do believe its an audio problem. Do you know what sound hardware it is?

hertzie
Airman

Post by hertzie »

Hi Lewis, can you help me finding that info? Can I find it somewhere on my laptop or is it easier to Google MSI GX740? Or must I go to the MSI website? See:

http://www.topproduct.nl/hardware/lapto ... 063nl.html (sorry, in Dutch), all I can find is that it must be Realtek High Definition Audio (whatever that may be).

What I will do tomorrow is install FSX again on one of my separate harddisks and then only run SP1 and then install the cub with all the necessary patches and see what's happening then.

Best regards, hertzie.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello hertzie,

Okie dokie, however install SP1 and then SP2. SP2 is required for the cub.

So install
fsx
then SP1
then SP2
Then the cub
Then the cub accu-sim pack.

I run real tek sound just fine here and its normally not an issue if running that type. I am quite miffed (confused) by what might be happening on your system.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”