Heidi won't show up

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
hertzie
Airman

Re: Heidi won't show up

Post by hertzie »

Hi Lewis, as you know I was in trouble, but now I'm in BIG trouble. By installing a new FSX-version on one of my laptop hd's the installation has completely ruined my FSX-Acceleration I had on my laptop. I now only have black scenery with a tree here and there. It is a complete mess, so you understand that I wished I had never tried. So the next coming days I will throw away all my FSX-stuff and clean my laptop from all FSX-files and then I will try to reïnstall FSX on my laptop again, hopefully it will work again then. Fortunately I have all my dvd's and backup's with me. But I don't think I will try to reïnstall the cub, I don't think that I will ever get it properly flying and it's certainly not worth all the trouble. Regards, Erik.

hertzie
Airman

Post by hertzie »

YES!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all of you for writing Heidi!!!

She finally changed her mind and is now talking to me. She even likes FLYING with me, and the cub is now flying ok too. So what can you want more??

I finally decided to uninstall FSX and all of its files completely, and then did a step-by-step reinstall. After installing SP2 and the cub with all it updates everything came out fine. Then I made a copy of the whole bunch incl. the appl. data files and then finally installed the Acc package. Everything is ok now, except a few FS9 planes which have black cockpit glass in VC-mode or a black propblurr, which is not a new issue for me, so it will be a challenge to see if I can find a solution for that.

So many thanks for your support, also many thanks for the offer to give me a refund, but if I will have a coat of arms one day underneath will be "never give up" (in Latin ofcourse) :lol:

Wish you all many happy flying hours, and A2A many thanks for a nice plane,

hertzie.

00redmd
Airman Basic

Post by 00redmd »

Dear Hertzie:
Help an old German; Had a Dutch mother if that helps! Will you go thru the order (123) until you got girlfriend to work. I did what you said but every thing is black. (Just on the cub)

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”