No sound from Heidi [resolved]

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
vgbaron
Airman First Class

No sound from Heidi [resolved]

Post by vgbaron »

Bought the Cub + Accusim - so far having a blast!

One small problem - Heidi is mute. Selected Fun and then tried Nervous - did loops, stalls, all sorts of stuff and not a peep.

EDIT: Found the problem - I had sound acceleration OFF in DXDIAG - needs to be at least BASIC for Heidi and the creaking sounds to work.

I probably missed it in the manual but if not, might be something for a future readme.

Now back to having some fun - waiting patiently (bold faced lie) for the AccuSim for the P-51

Thanx for the great work AT a GREAT price!! It's one thing to hang a shingle and be in business and it's another to CARE about your business. It's obvious you guys have great pride in your work and it certainly shows. Also having someone like Dudley H talking about how great the product is certainly can't hurt. :)

Vic

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: No sound from Heidi

Post by Scott - A2A »

Thanks for the post and yes, I can speak for everyone when I say it's been wonderful knowing and working with Dudley.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

mirko_o
Airman Basic

Re: No sound from Heidi [resolved - sound accel OFF in DXDIAG]

Post by mirko_o »

Hi,

i have still the problem, that i don´t have any accusim sounds. Just Engine Sounds.

My System is with XP SP3 with FSX and Acceleration Pack. New Soundcard and Grafikcard-Driver. DXDIAG Sound Accel. ist on.

I checked the options in the FSX menu, they are ok.

What´s wrong?

Greetings Mirko

Private-Cowboy
Senior Airman

Post by Private-Cowboy »

I'm seeing that with W7. It works as it should under my XP32-setup. I'm testing the 90day-trial of W7 Enterprise on a dual boot and there I only get very limited sounds too. No Heidi, no switches, no stall rattling, no prop cranking. Just the pure engine.

May that be the result of FSX beeing only run as a trial on my W7-testbed? I did not activate FSX there because that partition will be flattened anyway soon.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

It's probably also a driver issue in your case (bad W7 drivers?) because I run FSX on the Windows 7 x64 Release Candidate (7100) and don't have Problems like that. All Accu-Sim sounds work just fine. I'm using the Realtek onboard sound of my Gigabyte M790X-UD4 board.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Private-Cowboy
Senior Airman

Post by Private-Cowboy »

That W7-trial is the RTM build and I also have Realtek sound. I'm using the very latest drivers (2.33 if I'm not mistaking). Strange ...

mirko_o
Airman Basic

Re: No sound from Heidi [resolved]

Post by mirko_o »

Hello,

i still have the same problem. No sounds from accusim (Just the engine/no door sounds), damaged gyro, throttle control don´t move and so on.

I deinstalled FSX, Acceleration Pack, all my addons, defrag. Harddisk, instalalled FSX with many reboots and only the A2A Piper Cup Addon.

But i is still the same :-( Bad Luck

What can i do?

Mirko

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Mirko,

When you loaded the Cub for the first time, we you asked to Trust some new A2A dlls?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

mirko_o
Airman Basic

Post by mirko_o »

Hello,

yes, there are 3 dll´s.

A2A_Service.dll
A2A_PiperJ3s.DLL
A2A_PiperSound.DLL

I accepted all.

Another thing is, that i have no J3log.dat file in the folder:
P:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\PiperJ3

A friend of me, had it. We compare all files. That´s the only different.

Greetings Mirko

mirko_o
Airman Basic

Post by mirko_o »

Hi,

;-) Problem effectively solved :-)

It was the same like Timm´s Problem with the simconnect. I deleted the 3 old simconnect.dll and installed your new one.

Running the fsx_simconnect_test Tool with FSX and it´s ok.

Now the Piper run´s correctly. Very Good.

Thank you.

Bye Mirko

Private-Cowboy
Senior Airman

Post by Private-Cowboy »

FSX did not ask me about the ddls in W7 as it did in XP. That may be the reason why stuff is not working. Can you add the permission to the cfg manually? Or how do I get FSX to ask me under W7?

Edit: Just checked the cfg and saw the A2A_PiperJ3s.DLL and the A2A_PiperSound.DLL are trusted. The A2A_Service.dll is in the dll.xml - so that's not the problem on my W7-testbed. Stupid Windows ... :twisted:

romandaniels
Airman Basic

Post by romandaniels »

Just bought the J3 pack and Accusim about a week ago. Having the same issue described above but no luck with suggested solutions. I have reinstalled the Cub and AccuSim Installers several times. DirectX is up to date. Checked DXDIAG, no issues there. The Three Dlls are allowed. I Have installed the most recent Accusim Update. My PC is running Windows 8.1. The interesting part is I Installed the Cub w/ Accusim on a older Windows 7 Machine with FSX to see what would happen and accusim sounds where playing as they should. There are a lot of things that could be causing this. Any help would be appreciated before I completely reinstall FSX as a last resort.

The Accusim Physics are excellent, it would be nice to hear the sounds that accompany them.

Thanks,

Roman

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

romandaniels wrote:Just bought the J3 pack and Accusim about a week ago. Having the same issue described above but no luck with suggested solutions. I have reinstalled the Cub and AccuSim Installers several times. DirectX is up to date. Checked DXDIAG, no issues there. The Three Dlls are allowed. I Have installed the most recent Accusim Update. My PC is running Windows 8.1. The interesting part is I Installed the Cub w/ Accusim on a older Windows 7 Machine with FSX to see what would happen and accusim sounds where playing as they should. There are a lot of things that could be causing this. Any help would be appreciated before I completely reinstall FSX as a last resort.

The Accusim Physics are excellent, it would be nice to hear the sounds that accompany them.

Thanks,

Roman
Hey Roman,

Can I ask you start a new thread as this one is 6 years old and a lot has changed.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”