Captain of the Ship 049 "Connie" 12-minute promo video

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Captain of the Ship 049 "Connie" 12-minute promo video

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Seejay.
If you look at the promo video 1:53 to 1:58 into the promo it explains its for FSX and P3D , hope that puts your mind at rest.
regards alan. 8)

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I see an option in the Shift+3 window like the B-17 to switch between the period correct autopilot, and the stock FSX autopilot stack. Here is to hoping in the aircraft configurator we are able to put the GTN in it. Is definitely a day one purchase either way though.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I'm not into the third party autopilot stuff and am not up on it, but I did see a response from A2A on Youtube that it would support something as far as third party autopilot.

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Always top notch in even the video production of your products. Many thanks in making this product native for P3D as well as mentioned in the video.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

wallydog
Senior Airman

Post by wallydog »

beautiful...just beautiful. Another poster mentioned there is no maintenance hanger.. is this confirmed?

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I don't think anything has been confirmed regarding the maintenance hangar. I would love a full hangar but don't expect it, I expect a more basic maintenance hangar with more resources having been applied to the COTS feature.

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hiya,

For repaints "sake" i really hope a optional radar-nose is included. The aircraft the A2A connies is based the N9412H has one... :roll:

Wondering or the N9412H livery is included, besides the TWA, BOAC and USAAF featured in the movie.

Marcel

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Wallydog.
I expect you would have the same as the b377 , not a hangar as such , but a means to overhaul any worn/damaged engines , would be nice if they had a full hangar like the b17 , but FSX/P3D are the limiting factor as to what A2A can fit in .
One things for sure , i will buy this aircraft when its released , and i can garentee i will not be disapointed.
regards alan. 8)

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

wallydog wrote:beautiful...just beautiful. Another poster mentioned there is no maintenance hanger.. is this confirmed?
Let me quote A2A on facebook:
The aircraft is built upon the Captain of the Ship technology so the maintenance feature though there under the hood the presentation is more inline with the B377 COTS simulation. The emphasis being on other aspects of the simulation.
I have 0 problem with this, you don't tinker an airliner in your garage. The maintenance in civillian transportation is a very complex work organization that does not concern the pilot or flight crew :)

I cannot wait for the manual.

Cheers !
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Lovely. Absolutely lovely.
Aymi wrote:I have 0 problem with this, you don't tinker an airliner in your garage. The maintenance in civillian transportation is a very complex work organization that does not concern the pilot or flight crew :)
Yep indeed, as I believe the MELs were invented later on. :) It may concern the flight crew via the acceptance nowadays, but it is relatively binary. In bygone days, it was often more undefined, requiring mutual interaction and discussion. IMO, it is a good choice to limit the complexity on the areas where it can hardly be touched with our available time. I am sure the guys doing the dispatch decisions by that time felt like playing some kind of roulette. You only kind of knew the chances, but the decision was entirely yours without much of any guidance.

A nice video, really! I'm sure I'll get this one even if I'm not that sure I will fly it that much...I even struggle to fly the Comanche enough, all the others have been sitting in my virtual hangar! I actually have a lovely project in mind which I wish to do when this bird is out! I'm certain it will turn out to be an interesting one to me at least! :)

-Esa

Yo2slick
Airman

Post by Yo2slick »

Can't wait for it to be released! Looks great!
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Aymi wrote: I have 0 problem with this, you don't tinker an airliner in your garage. The maintenance in civillian transportation is a very complex work organization that does not concern the pilot or flight crew :)
Yes, the maintenance is quite different than a small plane.
However, having the same maintenance hangar than the 377 means you'll have to start with a totally new plane each time you'll break anything, which is quite frustrating, to say the least.
Accusim handles most of the internal organs of the planes. I'm not asking for a nice graphical interface with the writings in the right places on a picture, but at least a popup with the list of organs to repair (reset) them specifically, instead of a total overhaul, would be nice, don't you think ?

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I would think the maintenance hangar would be something similar to the B-17's. Just a graphical representation of the plane and just click on things to fix the issues. Have to remember it wasn't just the B377 that had the old gray maintenance menu. So did the P-47D, and J-3 cub as well. Any issues and you have to overhaul the entire bird. Everything from the B-17 on has had what most people have become accustomed to as the maintenance hangar. Shall see. I shall agree the intent of the product isn't to be mucking around in the maintenance hangar, but kind of like all the warbirds is just get in fix the issue and get back to flying I would think. I do like the song at the end too though. Minus the losing control part. Done that to much with the Mustang. Speaking of the Mustang I do hope the rock it to lock it is fixed so it doesn't destroy the gear when they do the Accusim/COTS update for this.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

xalex
Airman

Post by xalex »

I think it is really sad that there is no maintenance hangar like in the B-17.
If you ask me, the challenge to keep you airplane in a perfect shape, and the possibility to repair smaller items is improving the immersion tremendously.

I first thought, the Connie would be my new dream, fly it always when starting the flightsim aircraft.

But now I have the fear, that it is not keeping up the long-term motivation, because it does not have the A2A perfectness (for me). This does not mean, it is not a good aircraft in general.
But maybe it is the wrong one for me (don't get me wrong - this should not spread any negative mood)

Kind Regards,
Alex

be77solo
Airman

Post by be77solo »

Stephan wrote:So glad to hear that it's coming for Prepar as well! I was missing my B377 captain of the ship since I shifted to P3D but I guess the Connie will re place it advantageously!
B377 COTS works great in P3Dv3 actually, fly it all the time, one of my favorites.

Very excited to see the Connie released, will definitely be a day one purchase!
A2A B-17, Comanche, Cub, Skylane, T-6, B377COTS & Connie
i7-6700K @ 4.5, NVIDIA GTX 1070, 16GB DDR4 and P3Dv4

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”