Initial Conditions

Find or share aviation knowledge
new reply
Jimhall
Airman

Initial Conditions

Post by Jimhall »

Me again. When I open A2A Cessna 172 I select the airport etc and press FLY NOW. Instantly the plane is rolling down the runway askew at full throttle. I would like to begin with the plane tied down and cold. How can I configure the plane to open where and how I like?

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Re: Initial Conditions

Post by Redglyph »

Jimhall wrote:Me again. When I open A2A Cessna 172 I select the airport etc and press FLY NOW. Instantly the plane is rolling down the runway askew at full throttle. I would like to begin with the plane tied down and cold. How can I configure the plane to open where and how I like?
I suppose you have your throttle back when you load the aircraft?

That could be one of two things,
- the throttle is not back, and you load the aircraft "ready to fly", and of course it starts rolling right away,
- you reload an aicraft and in the previous session you had one flying, or at least moving at some speed. That's an annoyance I reported a while ago in P3D forums (FSX would be the same), and the reply from the support was that it was on purpose and allowed people to switch aircraft in the air.

In any case, what you can do with A2A's Accu-Sim aircraft is set them to start cold & dark:
- open the control panel (usually shift-3),
- click on "AUTO C&D" if it's OFF

Next time, you'll be fine :)

Regarding the 2nd issue, you can set the speed of an aircraft in P3D/FSX where you change its location, you can change only its height and/or its speed if you like. Another way is to quit P3D and restart it. But I believe you meant the 1st item above.

You can also click on "COLD & DARK" in the same control panel anytime you like (well, just be careful of course), but I suppose you saw this one.

One last thing I noticed, and again it's an issue in P3D/FSX (as well as most other simulators), when you load an aircraft the sim hasn't registered the positions of the joystick / throttle / devices you are using. And the first time you move anything on one of them, it checks all its settings from the sensors and abruptly updates the values in the sim. So what you see may also be that the "unregistered" state of the throttle is mid-range, and even if your actual device has the throttle back it will not see it. Not 100% sure of the logic behind that, but I know it happens. So it's good practice, when you start, to move a bit all your controls (anyway you should as part of the start-up procedure).
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Jimhall
Airman

Re: Initial Conditions

Post by Jimhall »

Your suggestions have solved my problems nicely and many thanks.

new reply

Return to “Flight Academy”