How to Begin

Find or share aviation knowledge
new reply
Jimhall
Airman

How to Begin

Post by Jimhall »

I know I'm a rank amateur and a dull one at that. I'm embarrassed to ask this question but....

I've downloaded the A2A program. I've printed the ACCU-SIM C172 TRAINER manual and read it taking notes. I understand the f-key functions. I loaded FSX and selected the A2A Cessna C172R Skyhawk. I'm sitting on the runway. I can hear ambient noises. My f-keys are unresponsive. When I push some I hear a "thunk" but that's it. How do I begin?

Come to think about it, do you just fly the FSX in the normal way only using the A2A Cessna? It seems there should be another step-by-step manual that I'm missing. The A2A Tutorials begin with the plane already loaded and f-keys working.

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid but don't know what it is but I am determined.

Jimhall
Airman

Re: How to Begin

Post by Jimhall »

I've figured out how to work the Shift-# keys (not f-keys duh) but would like your thoughts about the other questions.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

How to Begin

Post by Jacques »

Hi Jim,

Have you run the update located here: Accu-Sim Update 5_9_16 DOWNLOAD

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

The link is at the top of the thread.

Its an all-in-one update so you will see it trying to find aircraft you don't have (yet!).

Let it run to update the A2A 172 Trainer. When it is finished, be sure to go back into the manual and configure your FSX as outlined beginning on page 27.

Finally, go to the Maintenance hanger (shift-7) and select the complete overhaul to fix any damage that may have been incurred.

Now you're ready to start playing around with the walk-around or just start the 172 up to see just how different the A2A is to the stock FSX Cessna 172.

Post all the questions you have, everbody will jump in to help.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Jacques is spot on, make sure you run the updater and then lets go from there.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jimhall
Airman

Post by Jimhall »

Much better, thank you guys.

new reply

Return to “Flight Academy”