reality analog gauges

Find or share aviation knowledge
new reply
38J3
Airman

reality analog gauges

Post by 38J3 »

Anybody have experience with reality analog gauges? Are they worth the purchase, hard to install ect?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: reality analog gauges

Post by Nick - A2A »

The RealityXP Flightline T and N package you mean? If so, afraid they're not compatible with the A2A products. Along with the vast majority of modern FSX add-ons, they use gauges built into the 3-D model itself; not flat 2-D gauges.

Although they were excellent in their day, add-on development in FSX/P3D has largely overtaken the RealityXP analog gauges. The gauges in the A2A products are very well rendered and fluidly animated, and the GA aircraft actually feature some customised smoothing of CDI needles etc. - something I've never seen in other add-ons in this class. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

38J3
Airman

Post by 38J3 »

Thank you Nick, answers my question completly.
Gerry

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

38J3 wrote:Thank you Nick, answers my question completly.
Gerry
Not sure about butting in here as I don't know the reason for your quest but FWIW, the VC steam gauges done by A2A are in my opinion the best I have ever seen in all the years I've been associated with flight simulation.
Dudley Henriques

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Gerry. :)
DHenriquesA2A wrote:Not sure about butting in here as I don't know the reason for your quest but FWIW, the VC steam gauges done by A2A are in my opinion the best I have ever seen in all the years I've been associated with flight simulation.
Yes, for instance A2A's representation of the KI-525A and slaving unit is easily the most feature complete (and I think best looking) version of an HSI which we've seen represented many times before in FSX.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

Post by RotorWash »

Just came across this older post, for anybody still interested. Remote Flight HD analogue gauges for IPad work well with A2a ac (mostly). I have only noticed that the RPM gauge is not accurate, Infact, it's a mile out, all others appear to be accurate. The RPM gauge is not an issue for me personally, as I carry the top row of gauges (including the RPM gauge) on my primary monitor (VC), and the bottom row of gauges on my IPAD. I have to agree that the A2a VC gauges are very nice, as are the RF HD gauges. RF moving map isn't to shabby either.

Ivan

new reply

Return to “Flight Academy”