Default C172 vs A2A C172 Skyhawk inergration Flight academy

Find or share aviation knowledge
new reply
Dannynnad
Airman

Default C172 vs A2A C172 Skyhawk inergration Flight academy

Post by Dannynnad »

Hi

Is it possible to insert the A2A C172 Skyhawk into the Flight academy with the lessons from Rod Machado? FSX uses the default C172.
If so, what do I have to do to get that done?

Thank you for the replies!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Default C172 vs A2A C172 Skyhawk inergration Flight acad

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello - this is possible in theory. What you'd need to do is locate the *.FLT files for the lessons. These are usually located in the following directory by default:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Lessons\student

Best to make a back-up of any files you wish to change, and then you'd need to open the *.FLT file (e.g. Lesson1.FLT) in a text editor such as Notepad and edit the [Plane.0] section so it reads:

[Plane.0]
Aircraft=C172R default

However, not sure I can really recommend this. Due to the custom programming of the A2A C172R you may find that pitch and power references given in the lessons may not be appropriate.

Also, the A2A C172 will remember and load the last state of the aircraft, so you'll need to make sure it's configured correctly (e.g. engine running!) for the start of the lesson you select. If you do try this, it's perhaps best to open your default flight then use the 'Aircraft' menu to switch to the A2A C172 before loading the lesson.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Dannynnad
Airman

Post by Dannynnad »

Thank you Nick! than I've to wait a while.

Good day!

OY-HAH
Airman

Post by OY-HAH »

I would recommend you take the Aviator 90 course by Angle of Attack and use your A2A C172 Trainer with that. Chris is a fine instructor and his online program is... free. As a bonus you don't have to listen to the constant overload of bad jokes from Ron... with all due respect to his piloting skills. Chris's lessons are short and to the point and he is also a real world private pilot. The lessons in FSX are 50% teaching and 50% streaming of unbearably bad jokes... I gave up on them. Luckily for me my real world flight instructors were better teachers... albeit a tad more expensive, hehe :)

Cheers,
Hakim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dannynnad
Airman

Post by Dannynnad »

Thank you Hakim!

OY-HAH
Airman

Post by OY-HAH »

Dannynnad wrote:Thank you Hakim!
Anytime, Danny :)

Here is a link by the way: Aviator 90

Cheers,
Hakim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the link Hakim. I agree - the humour in the FSX learning centre is pretty forced; I haven't really tried the lessons, but the written stuff is bad enough! To be fair to Rod Machado though, he can do a lot better...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ul45kxrHY[/youtube]

On a not-really-related note, here's another instructional video that I found quite funny - I'm sure it's been posted here before...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6q2VKsvQEQ[/youtube]

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

OY-HAH
Airman

Post by OY-HAH »

Haha, great videos, Nick :)

Cheers,
Hakim

new reply