What every pilot must know...

Find or share aviation knowledge
new reply
simurqq
Airman First Class

What every pilot must know...

Post by simurqq »

I've been simming for twelve years already with 550+ hours logged under Vatsim only but... a good pilot is ALWAYS learning, isn't he?! :)

I've recently stumbled upon these two links I want to share with you - one from my all-time favourite Avweb. Not only do they provide valuable information about the basics of aviation but the "language" it's presented in is so convenient and conclusions are so clear that it can keep you going very easily. Quite possibly you know more than what's described out there but, to be honest with you, John's revelations about the manifold pressure and it's relation to power was something I've never considered carefully... to say the least. I wish more CFIs were so clear in what they're trying to explain! :)

Anyway, here they are:

Manifold Pressure Sucks!

Pressure Altitude

PS: I would even recommend reading more of J. Deakin in his popular series Pelican's Perch.
Thanks!

Victor Q.

afcraig2010
Staff Sergeant

Re: What every pilot must know...

Post by afcraig2010 »

Thank you so much for posting this! I've begun to read many of his articles and it's just so interesting to see how quickly false info can spread. These articles explain the WHY behind engine operations. Knowing the why leads to better troubleshooting and critical thinking.
Craig
CFI, ATP (Q400)

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: What every pilot must know...

Post by AKar »

Thanks especially to the link to Pelican's Perch articles! Some very interesting stuff and good points there.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Flight Academy”