Do yo have to sit in the back ?

Born to fly
new reply
Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Do yo have to sit in the back ?

Post by Gabe777 »

Am I forced to sit in the back flying this or can you switch to a front seat camera ?
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Do yo have to sit in the back ?

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Gabe777,

The weight and balance for this plane is made that way. The pilot is always in the back for the Cub, with a passenger or without one.
Yes, you can change the camera view to the front view. It is easy to get used to the back seat, it is a part of the charm of flying this aircraft.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

As in the real aircraft, the front seat view is worse, plus it isn't realistic from a balance point of view.

Better to bite the bullet and learn how to fly a taildragger. It is part of the charm after all.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

I would find flying from the back seat obnoxious without TrackIR, so I can see where this would be a concern. You can certainly switch to the front seat view while you get used to the airplane if that makes you feel better, but, yah, back seat is for the pilot! If you do have some form of head tracking software/hardware, it's not bad at all. Also good for leaning out the windows to look 'round corners while taxiing. :D

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes flying from the backseat is the default position in a standard cub (noted in a super cub not so much) in the sim as with other aircraft you can use the default view cycle keys to cycle the views, for the Accu-sim cub this includes a view from the front seat.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”