Newbie questions about the Cub

Born to fly
new reply
Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Newbie questions about the Cub

Post by Bruce66 »

As in the title I suspect this is a silly question but you never know till you ask.

When I inevitably destroy the engine of an Accu-Sim plane can it be reset or do I have to buy a new one at the store?

This next one is more of a request for input from those with more experience.

I am thinking that I need to unlearn a lot of bad habits from playing combat flight games. I have been increasing the realism to the max in those games and now want to go further specifically in flight which is why I am looking at the Accu-Sim planes. It occurs to me that a new pilot does not buy a plane and then learn to fly it but rather goes to a trainer or school who maintains their own plane for teaching. So I was thinking that getting the Accu-Feel for the initial training and get the Cub later when I have the flying part mastered. Any thoughts? Would I benefit from jumping in the deep end with an Accu-Sim like the Cub whilst re-learning the basics?

One more question - I don't see the Wings of Silver Piper Cub/Accu-Sim bundle in the store anymore (the button is still there but does not work). Is it still available or are they separate? I thought when I first started looking that they came as one by default.
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Newbie questions about the Cub

Post by DHenriques_ »

Bruce66 wrote:As in the title I suspect this is a silly question but you never know till you ask.

When I inevitably destroy the engine of an Accu-Sim plane can it be reset or do I have to buy a new one at the store?

This next one is more of a request for input from those with more experience.

I am thinking that I need to unlearn a lot of bad habits from playing combat flight games. I have been increasing the realism to the max in those games and now want to go further specifically in flight which is why I am looking at the Accu-Sim planes. It occurs to me that a new pilot does not buy a plane and then learn to fly it but rather goes to a trainer or school who maintains their own plane for teaching. So I was thinking that getting the Accu-Feel for the initial training and get the Cub later when I have the flying part mastered. Any thoughts? Would I benefit from jumping in the deep end with an Accu-Sim like the Cub whilst re-learning the basics?

One more question - I don't see the Wings of Silver Piper Cub/Accu-Sim bundle in the store anymore (the button is still there but does not work). Is it still available or are they separate? I thought when I first started looking that they came as one by default.
If learning is your goal I highly recommend you purchase the Accusim plane. It is there we spent our time and effort making things as close to real for you as possible. There simply is no other answer to your question if learning to fly is what you want to do.
Accufeel is a fine product but it was basically designed by the A2A team to provide a degree of environmental realism for people who don't have Accusim.
Dudley Henriques

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

Thanks for the reply.

I definitely intend to buy the Spitfire and I am strongly drawn to the Cub. I was just thinking of the learning curve ( I have limited time).

I suspect the the answer to my first question is that we can reset these planes. The last question though - I can't find a price for bundling these planes. I'll be getting them anyway so I guess I'll find out. :D
Gaming Computer

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Bruce66 wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I definitely intend to buy the Spitfire and I am strongly drawn to the Cub. I was just thinking of the learning curve ( I have limited time).

I suspect the the answer to my first question is that we can reset these planes. The last question though - I can't find a price for bundling these planes. I'll be getting them anyway so I guess I'll find out. :D
Both these planes are excellent choices with Accusim. If learning is your primary goal I would strongly recommend the Cub; not so much because of its simplicity but because we spent a TON on time on the flight model. Input as always on our flight models comes from our pilots and flight instructors on staff. I would add that our design team even those who are not flight instructors have a tremendous amount of knowledge and expertise in this area.
The Cub will give you a great education and it is pure fun to fly.
Dudley Henriques

orthi
Airman

Post by orthi »

Bruce66 wrote:As in the title I suspect this is a silly question but you never know till you ask.

Since I have not seen this answered, you do not have to buy a new engine for real money. :) For the accusim Planes you can do maintenance from within the sim and do the needed repairs.

I love my accusim planes because no other addon gives me that feel of presence and feedback. The combination of visuals and sound are really great. Leaning by engine sound, gauging speed by wind noise and so on. It does not get much better than that. In the GA department I think you will find no better or the market.

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

Thanks for confirming that for me Orthi. :)

I am VERY excited to get into the Accu-Sim world. I've been keeping one eye on the Spitfire for years and slowly building up what I need to run it. As I was trying to to get my little guy to sleep last night I was tallying up what I have I invested in my cockpit etc and I was a bit taken aback! :shock:

Not far to go now! I'll be getting the Cub first and the Spitfire before Christmas. We will see if I can stop there - I like the look of the T6 as well hmmm.
Gaming Computer

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”