banking problem, I'm sure its me but what ?

Born to fly
new reply
sandi
Airman First Class

banking problem, I'm sure its me but what ?

Post by sandi »

Okay, so here goes, I’m sitting in the cub at 1400 feet, speed 60 knots, i wanna bank the AC from course 14 to course 90.00 deg. I admittedly wants this taken care of fast, but i can’t bank it more than, 20 deg, and sometimes not even that, putting rudder in helpsa little too , but not by much.
What am i doing wrong?

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Re: banking problem, I'm sure its me but what ?

Post by jeepinforfun »

**Bump**
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Is your cub the Accu-sim cub, is it all updated with the Accu-sim updater and are your sim settings as stated in the manual?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

sandi
Airman First Class

Post by sandi »

yes to everything, turned auto rudder, off, that seems to have fixed it. when i use the rudder that is, if i “bank” the plane , i still do not get more than like 20 deg at best if I’m in a softly , nose-up attitude.
I might have to read that part of the manual again, to check on diving limits, banking limits, etc.
/Sandi

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Same issue here. (My sim settings match the manual bar unlimited fuel)

I have the non accu-sim cub and found I could not bank either. In the manual on page 56 third paragraph it talks about use of rudder during steep turns. When I say could not bank I mean it only goes to about 20 degrees and won't bank "more". Autorudder is definitely off.

Without the rudder I just can't bank properly with the Cub. Is something amiss ?

I tried the default FSX Cub and banking is no problem, just with the A2A Cub (non accu-sim) that I can't really bank. Is this a problem or is this a characteristic of a real Cub that you can't bank more than 20 degrees without using rudder ?
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

sandi
Airman First Class

Post by sandi »

I can’t do it now , but will test it with a sighted friend this after noon. It could eventually be the ailerons that is weak, and the rudder having good authority.
I have not had the time to test it further.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

I did extensive tests with the realism settings in FSX and I isolated the bank problem to ONE slider.

1. The General Slider under "realism" must be all the way to the right. When this is set, the Cub banks properly as you would expect.

I found this very strange because no other A2A craft seems to be affected in this way, only the Cub. It is a very early A2A plane so maybe this is why. In my case the "General" Slider was the only thing wrong.

Putting this slider all the way (Mine was not all the way) to the right, and the bank issue is no longer there.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”