Cub upgrade possible

Born to fly
new reply
Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Cub upgrade possible

Post by Kilstorm »

I know its a pipe dream but since the B377 did get a redux of sorts with COTS, cant rule it out completely. Would love to have any of the GA MX stuff added to the Cub. Just redoing the oil check system and oil ageing would be great. The plane by itself with its accusim is amazing and a complete package but with the new way to change oil, age it, check and burn it in use...it would be a nice surprise to see that added.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

chadryan
Senior Airman

Re: Cub upgrade possible

Post by chadryan »

I would also like the ability to repair individual items without having to overhaul. For example if there's a prop strike currently you have to overhaul the engine rather than just replace the prop.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

chadryan wrote:I would also like the ability to repair individual items without having to overhaul. For example if there's a prop strike currently you have to overhaul the engine rather than just replace the prop.
Well that's actually what happens in RL after a prop strike too! The engine needs to be checked for shock loading and eventually needs to be overhauled.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

spork
Staff Sergeant

Post by spork »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
chadryan wrote:I would also like the ability to repair individual items without having to overhaul. For example if there's a prop strike currently you have to overhaul the engine rather than just replace the prop.
Well that's actually what happens in RL after a prop strike too! The engine needs to be checked for shock loading and eventually needs to be overhauled.
This video is living proof

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEF7s5tKXpA[/youtube]
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”