Paint Request G-NCUB

Born to fly
Moggster
Senior Airman

Paint Request G-NCUB

Post by Moggster »

I'm wondering if someone would be kind enough to make the G-NCUB (formerly L-4H 43-30308) paint scheme. It's very similar to the default yellow with the black arrow scheme (Lock Haven?) but with an aircraft registration. I've had a little search on here and the usual sites but it would seem that G-NCUB hasn't been made yet.
Here's a link with some photos of the Cub.

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

I think it's a very suitable registration for the cub and many thanks.

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Paint Request G-NCUB

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

WOW and no one has replied! I'm surprised. I would make this for you but I've recently been making tutorials and then had to redo my whole computer. Now I have to continue on to the next tutorial in the video series and finish this series so I'll be busy with that for a while down the road.

Someone should offer to do this paint soon I would think. Hang in there.

~A~
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

Moggster
Senior Airman

Post by Moggster »

EightyFiftyFive wrote:WOW and no one has replied! I'm surprised. I would make this for you but I've recently been making tutorials and then had to redo my whole computer. Now I have to continue on to the next tutorial in the video series and finish this series so I'll be busy with that for a while down the road.

Someone should offer to do this paint soon I would think. Hang in there.

~A~

EightyFiftyFive, it's no big deal after all I'm the one making the request. I'll keep hanging on in there though. :D

Hope your computer redo went well, I know how much fun they can be! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Alky
Senior Airman

Post by Alky »

That looks like the default "yellow" paint that comes with the A2A Cub only without G-NCUB. I wouldn't think much skill would be required to add that. :?

Moggster
Senior Airman

Post by Moggster »

Alky wrote:That looks like the default "yellow" paint that comes with the A2A Cub only without G-NCUB. I wouldn't think much skill would be required to add that. :?
I'm certain it is Alky. Obviously the only part which cannot be added are the wheel spats.

ETrip7
Airman Basic

Post by ETrip7 »

Have you had anyone do your repaint yet?

Moggster
Senior Airman

Post by Moggster »

ETrip7 wrote:Have you had anyone do your repaint yet?
No, I'm afraid not.

Slow Low
Airman

Post by Slow Low »

Here is a link to short video of tail number repaint G-NCUB. I cannot recreate the wheel pants. Sorry.

https://youtu.be/VPe4sL-l5Ac
Last edited by Slow Low on 10 Apr 2017, 23:29, edited 2 times in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

here's how to post an image;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=50279

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Moggster
Senior Airman

Post by Moggster »

Slow Low, that's fantastic and you even modelled Bob Willies!

Slow Low
Airman

Post by Slow Low »

Moggster wrote:Slow Low, that's fantastic and you even modelled Bob Willies!
I wish I were that good. Actually the pilot is Dave. Dave is a fictional character first modeled for a pre-viz animation of a short film I made a several years ago. Dave is my avatar drawn from an old snapshot of me. I feel 20 years younger when Dave is flying :D

I have certainly enjoyed learning about Bob Willies and G-NCUB. Thank you for pointing me in that direction.

If you would like a copy of the texture DDS file so you can have G-NCUB in your hangar, let me know how to get it to you. Be warned, I am new to the repainting game and will need specific directions.

Moggster
Senior Airman

Post by Moggster »

Well you look like Bob Willies and that's no bad thing! What I can do is PM you my email address and you can send the files that way. Or you could upload them to a files sharing site like mediafire, google drive or something similar?
Up to you fella. :)

Slow Low
Airman

Post by Slow Low »

Moggster wrote:Well you look like Bob Willies and that's no bad thing! What I can do is PM you my email address and you can send the files that way. Or you could upload them to a files sharing site like mediafire, google drive or something similar?
Up to you fella. :)

OK. I have made a public folder on my Google Drive so anybody can download the G-NCUB texture. First copy and paste SimObjects\A2A_PiperJ3\texture.yellow folder. Rename the copied folder Texture.G-NCUB. Then download PiperJ3_t.dds linked below to the texture.G-NCUB folder, replacing the existing PiperJ3_t.dds file. Finally modify the \airplanes\A2A_PipeJ3\aircraft.cfg file to insert the new livery into FSX. Enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByDOfw ... sp=sharing

Moggster
Senior Airman

Post by Moggster »

Slow Low, thank you so much for taking the time to make this excellent repaint. I'm sure she'll give me many more pleasurable hours in the Cub. I just thought I'd add the G-NCUB part of the aircraft.cfg file so if anyone wants to fly her, it'll make hings a bit easier. Here's the text you'll need to put in to the aircraft.cfg file (change the ** to the next number in sequence).

[fltsim.**]
title=A2A Piper Cub G-NCUB
sim=PiperJ3
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=g-ncub
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=G-NCUB
atc_id_color=
ui_manufacturer="A2A Piper"
ui_type="J-3 Cub"
ui_variation="G-NCUB"
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="A2A Simulations Inc."
description="The Piper Cub embodies the very essence of the romance and gypsy-lure of flying. Its design is one of the most fundamental expressions of the basic, primal relationship between pilot and airplane; and few airplanes define “stick and rudder” more faithfully and distinctly than does the Cub."

Here's a quick screenshot I took of her at her new home at Biggin Hill. Thanks again.

Slow Low
Airman

Post by Slow Low »

Pleased to be of service. Too bad I don't know how to reproduce the spats. Great screen shot, and a very good idea adding the .cfg data so others can copy and paste.
:idea: Why didn't I think of that? . . .

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”