Before buying...

Born to fly
new reply
Deimos2k15
Airman Basic

Before buying...

Post by Deimos2k15 »

Hi all, I'm just about to buy the fabulous Piper J3 Cub with the Accusim pack, I personally love this plane, especially during bush flights in FSX, but I found that the default Cub from FSX wasn't quite enough, I just want to experience all the challenges that come in bush flying, starting with the plane itself, with all the to-do stuff included, I was looking around to find a suitable bird for that, and a lot of forums point right toward the Cub, so... I will post here eventually if there will be any issues in the installation process or bugs into the game. I have a fresh new Win7 64 bit installation AND FSX SE just installed yesterday with nothing else, so I think there won't be big troubles, but anyway I will post here how it's going, should any problems occour...

Another thing: I'm planning to have some third part stuff into FSX soon, I need to know if there are any compatibility issues with both Cub and Accusim that some of you may know.

Here is the list:

ORBX Global+Vector
ORBX LC Europe
REX4 Texture Direct
Some FTX airports
EZDok Camera
FaceTrackNoIR
FSrealWX Lite

Any help will be appreciated! Tnx and good landings... ;)

Frank

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Before buying...

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Frank,

you should be all good, just remember to run the latest updater also to get you all updated;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Deimos2k15
Airman Basic

Post by Deimos2k15 »

Hi Lewis, I already got that update included in the download links after the purchase process, anyway tnx for your advice.

Installation done, updated and it's workingvery well, Accusim service up and running, all seems good, except for one thing: The hand start doesn't work. The engine blade is not selectable, the mouse cursor does not change when is over it, thus I can't make it spin. I don't know yet if it's due to a bug or that feature has been removed (still have to read a lot from both the manual and update infos), or I have simply missed something during installation, but that's the only thing I've noticed so far, since the fact there are a lot of videos on YT showing a working hand start with this model.
What could it be? :roll:
Tnx

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

In VC view press A two or three times and you will come to the prop.
Then you can swing it with the mouse.

Cheers Chris

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

Deimos,
just in case, your install procedure should look like this:

- Cub base package
- Cub Accusim package
- A2A newest updater package. It will scan your FSX, detect all A2A birds and will check their versions. It will find a Cub and will download and install the patch.

And yes, you should select a cockpit view where you are outside and close to the prop. Then you should be able to swing it. It is not possible to do that if you are sitting in the cockpit.
The best way to detect if the Accusim if properly installed is to check if all the switches in the cockpit have sounds. If they do, that's fine, Accusim is working :)

Lucas

Deimos2k15
Airman Basic

Post by Deimos2k15 »

Ok, already checked for sounds with Accusim on, and it works perfectly. The hand start works in my FSX installation by right-ckicking on any view and select "Cockpit" / "Hand start", this probabily because I have re-arranged all the keyboard shortcuts to match my needs and I've accidentally deleted some of them, I don't remember which key was binded to that view, but that's fine, for the moment.

I have some other issues to post, but it doesn't have anything to do with the installation, would you like me to post them in another thread?

Cheers

Frank

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Frank,

yes please in the cub tech support forum would be best.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”