Cub Door CLosing

Born to fly
new reply
netwalker
Airman

Cub Door CLosing

Post by netwalker »

Can someone please tell me where the click point is to close the door in the Cub?

Cheers...

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Cub Door CLosing

Post by Paughco »

Now that your mention it...

I just checked out my Cub, and I had a hard time finding a thing to click on that would close the door. I press Shift+E to close the door. Works with the clamshell door/window on the Cub, the canopy on the P-40, and the door on my Comanche.

Seeya
ATB

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Hi netwalker,

I use trackIR, so it may be an unfair advantage for me to close the door.
Anyway, to close from inside, I use the 3rd cockpit viewpoint (press a and shift-a to cycle).
Then I lean towards the open door until I can see the handle, then click the handle.

When exiting the plane, I use the prop manual start view, turn and click the same handle to close the door.
This may not work as easily without trackIR, unless you add some camera pan button assignments.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dave
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

You have to be able to see the handle to close the door. So either A key or move in the VC or track ir to see it and close it.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Rudyjo
Senior Airman

Post by Rudyjo »

Use Ctrl+shift+enter or Ctrl+shift+backspace to move your view left or right. When the door is closed, move your view to the right so it actually goes outside the door, you will then be able to see the door handle, click it and the door will close.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”