Config Question

Born to fly
new reply
BeaverDriver
Senior Airman

Config Question

Post by BeaverDriver »

Well, after just coming across the video for this aircraft and seeing what it can do on floats (I flew floats for 17 years in the bush IRL - loved almost every minute of it!), I'm convinced to buy this one as well. I do have one question though, which I haven't been able to find in the manual or here. I'd be interested in having the Cub as a "personal airplane" and as such, would change the gear configuration from season to season (floats in summer, tundra's during freeze-up and break-up, skis in winter). That would be all on the same airplane. As such, is there a way to change just the gear configuration on a single livery?

Thanks much. Incidentally, while I'm on the topic, something I don't feel gets enough credit is with the manuals for these airplanes. They are as entertaining to read as they are informative. For anyone with any of the A2A's machines who hasn't spent time with the manuals, they are very well worth the read. You won't (or shouldn't!) be bored.

Thanks - Glenn
--------------------
Glenn

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Config Question

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Glenn,

the aircraft are separate for the different variants with the cub, you can however use repaints for all, the parts might just be a different color (eg yellow floats).

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BeaverDriver
Senior Airman

Post by BeaverDriver »

Great. Thanks Lewis. I did pick it up (LOVE IT!! - more later).

I do have a question regarding Accu-Sim for it (please see other post on Accu-Sim/J3 Question under this forum).

Many thanks again.

Glenn
--------------------
Glenn

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

Hi Glenn,

You're probably busy with the Comanche and 182, but as far as the different configurations for the Cub are concerned, there are quite a few nice sets of liveries that include versions of the same scheme for all variants. Try searching for "Urs Burkhardt cub" in the Avsim library, for example.

One thing to note is that there are separate log files for different types (in your [...]\Documens\A2A\FSX\PiperJ3\ folder), so you may need to do some renaming if you want to keep the status/engine hours (if you start with the float version, for example, the file will be J3Flog.dat, so you'll need to rename it to J3Tlog.dat before you load the tundra version, then J3Slog.dat for the ski version, and so on).

Tym

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”