Seems I may have broken Nervous Heidi on last flight.

Born to fly
new reply
aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Seems I may have broken Nervous Heidi on last flight.

Post by aonyn »

Last night, I took the cub up with Nervous Heidi on board.
It was warm weather where I was flying, so I left the port side window and the door open for the flight.
While taxiing, she commented on the nice weather.
Then, as soon as I began the takeoff roll with the door open, she said "What are you doing?" in a rather stern voice, and clung onto the front braces.

So after climbing just a short while, just enough altitude for some maneuvering, I went into a dive for some speed, and she screamed, then used the speed for a loop, then a hammerhead.
She continued to cling onto the braces. but never uttered another word for the entire flight, even through some more rather energetic flying.
Fortunately for her, the landing was silky smooth, perhaps my best yet in the cub.
But I imagine she may be "going away" for a while after that last flight.
I am just glad she is digital, I would not have wanted to clean that plane :|

Seriously though, is it possible to scare Nervous Heidi so badly she goes speechless, or was it just some glitch I encountered?

Regards,
Dave
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: Seems I may have broken Nervous Heidi on last flight.

Post by gulredrel »

I think there needs to be time in between some comments. Otherwise they maybe will repeat too often.

I had a screaming Heidi on my steep approach yesterday :wink:
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes the sound engine is dynamic so you should get different results during the flights.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Thanks for the answers guys!

Regards,
Dave
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I love her passive aggressive comments.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

I had Heidi scream yesterday too, but for good reason. I had only half an hour time and thought... hm, maybe I'll hop into the cub and fly a bit. Didn't want to make a small circle and land again, so I went over the forest and saw some 'open area' ahead where I thought I could land (with the tundra wheels I had equipped). Well... the area didn't quite seem so good for landing when I came close and I flew over it already a few times (at low altitude) before I really wanted to make a landing attempt. It was really quite uneven, lots of hill sides everywhere. Pretty, but not very good for a landing. And, with all the extra circling around... I had completely run out of time. I had to go... so I really had to hurry my landing. *cough* Heidi screamed, trees ahead, I braked too hard and destroyed the prop as the plane went nose-in-the-sand.

There were some chuckles in the room (my partner heard the screaming and that my landing wasn't quite what I had hoped for). So... take time for that landing! *laughs* But yes, she screams, and commented some things I had not heard before. Some of which I couldn't really make out... something like "does this thing fly on ####?" I'm not really sure what she said at the ####.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

aonyn wrote:Seriously though, is it possible to scare Nervous Heidi so badly she goes speechless, or was it just some glitch I encountered?

Regards,
Dave
Dave, exactly correct. If you scare her enough, we do model a state of shock that can last for as long as 15 min or sometimes more. But when you finally get her down on the ground, she will likely have something pretty harsh to say. :)

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Thanks Scott!

Always new surprises in your accu-sim aircraft. Thanks for all your great work!

I did not get the harsh words at the end, perhaps the good landing pacified her just enough to spare me that. :)
I have done worse landings with compliments from her on the landing.

Regards,
Dave

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

Scott - A2A wrote:
aonyn wrote:Seriously though, is it possible to scare Nervous Heidi so badly she goes speechless, or was it just some glitch I encountered?

Regards,
Dave
Dave, exactly correct. If you scare her enough, we do model a state of shock that can last for as long as 15 min or sometimes more. But when you finally get her down on the ground, she will likely have something pretty harsh to say. :)

Scott.
Oh! That's great that you even took that kind of things into mind when designing her AI responses. =)

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

aonyn wrote:I am just glad she is digital
Scott - A2A wrote:If you scare her enough, we do model a state of shock that can last for as long as 15 min or sometimes more.
LMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I almost choked on my beer reading this thread laughing so hard!

Seriously though, Scott, all the work you guys do and little features like this, are truly appreciated!
I really must get the Cub out again, it's been to long!

And ok I'll admit it, that Heidi is cute! :shock: even though she is just made of pixels!
BTW, who did the Voice for her?

All the best,
John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”