Re-installed Cub, then CTD ... again.

Born to fly
new reply
SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Re-installed Cub, then CTD ... again.

Post by SkipperMac »

Ok, I uninstalled the Cub some time ago as it was causing FSX problems ... and I had too many other aircraft to fly to bother too much with the Cub. But, like many others, I was slowly pulled back to the little, simple beauty ... and the joys of an exciteable Heidi up front lol.

So I installed from my original download again, ver. 1.0. dated 21nov2009. Then I added the J3 Accusim installation (there's no point without Accusim!), same date. Then, as per another thread here in the forum, rather than installing ver. 1.1. and the HotFix, I just updated all my A2A fleet again with the latest Accusim dated 26jan2015. It assured me that my Cub was now ver. 1.1 and everything was fine.

Start up FSX, load the default AirCreation over Friday Harbor, swap to the Cub, and ... instant CTD. And no matter what method I use to try and sneak up on the Cub, she sees me every time and dumps me to the Desktop (with that really annoying message asking if I want to play the game again).

Any ideas? I have an otherwise stable FSX (non-Steam version) which has run smoothly for years with all sorts of addons including A2A's 172 and Cherokee. So AccuSim is okay. Its just this darned Cub ... or is it Heidi playing silly games?
SkipperMac
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro Mobo | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD| Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black case | Be Quiet Dark Rock Adv CPU cooler | Windows7 64bit

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Re-installed Cub, then CTD ... again.

Post by speedy70 »

Firstly not a good idea to start any A2A aircraft in the air.

I suggest you land the trike at Friday harbour and make that the default flight.

Then try the Cub again.

Secondly you may have files left over from your old Cub installation.How did you uninstall it.

Don,t uninstall it again at this point.

Cheers Chris

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

I see you had a conflict with soundstream and the cub before.Is that still a problem?

Do not select a saved flight for the cub that was made before you uninstalled it last time.

Try uninstalling the Cubs *.dat files as you did last time.

Cheers Chris

SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Post by SkipperMac »

speedy70 wrote:I see you had a conflict with soundstream and the cub before.Is that still a problem?

Do not select a saved flight for the cub that was made before you uninstalled it last time.

Try uninstalling the Cubs *.dat files as you did last time.

Cheers Chris
Thanks Chris, I had forgotten about that conflict with soundstream!

On loading the Cub in the air... I've tried all versions of starting that I can think of, both the default flight, a flight I have setup with the default 172 cold and dark at Renton, etc.

I guess I need to research the soundstream conflict again as I can't recall if there was a solution to that.

EDIT: Having read the previous thread where I discovered it was Soundstream was conflicting, I see that this is the second time I've had that particular problem. Wow, my memory must really be going!
However, I see there is no record of a solution so if anyone has resolved a similar conflict, please 'spill the beans'. Curious thing is the Cub had previously worked alongside Soundstream, and I suspect I didn't find that disabling it resolved the problem as I haven't flown the Cub since Nov 2013 when I posted about the problem.

EDIT AGAIN: There are no *.dat files in my Documents/A2A/PiperJ3 folder.
SkipperMac
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro Mobo | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD| Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black case | Be Quiet Dark Rock Adv CPU cooler | Windows7 64bit

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

If there are no dat files then it has not finished a flight.

Try making a default flight on the ground with a default aircraft and then restart FSX.

Then try running the updater again and restart your computer run the updater as administrator (right click on file and choose run as administrator).Restart your computer.

DO NOT uninstall the cub.

Then fly the default aircraft,then load the cub and see what happens.

Cheers Chris

SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Post by SkipperMac »

Thanks again Chris.

Disabling Soundstream seems to have worked this time. So the question is: is there a solution for running Soundstream alongside the A2A Cub?
SkipperMac

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi you wrote this the last time you had a problem with the cub !!!!!!!

The mystery deepens ... now the Cub is operational WITH SoundStream running!

Well, at least the Cub works ... but I'm not holding my breath.

Report this post

I do not know anything about sounstream you will have to go to the manufacturers Forum or Site

Cheers Chris

Check that you now have the *.dat files etc.

SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Post by SkipperMac »

I've just completed a little hop around Walter Sutton's Farm and everything seems well ... except that SoundStream is disabled. However, I can live without it with the Cub I guess as I don't generally have half-a-dozen other programs running at the same time lol.

Still wondering if anyone has a solution to the conflict?
SkipperMac

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi
Glad to hear that the cub is working OK.

Lewis may know the answer to the soundstream conflict.

I am only a forum member not an A2A staff member.

Cheers Chris

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

afraid there's no solution at our end, Soundstream is simply incompatible with the sound engine.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Post by SkipperMac »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

afraid there's no solution at our end, Soundstream is simply incompatible with the sound engine.

thanks,
Lewis
Thanks Lewis for the confirmation. And hopefully next time I have the problem I'll remember the solution. Its good to have the Cub back for some simply hedge-hopping :wink:
SkipperMac

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”