Float version: Water rudder control in the plane?

Born to fly
new reply
Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Float version: Water rudder control in the plane?

Post by Illi73 »

In the float version of the Piper Cub there's a water rudder, which can be lowered and raised through the CTRL-3 window. What I was wondering is, how is this controlled from inside the plane? Or is this possible at all? I couldn't find a switch for it.

Personally I like to click the things inside the plane, rather than bring up a menu (or press a hotkey) to do so.

I do like how you have to 'hang outside' the plane, to close the door and to give the prop a whirl. That's a bloody nice feature!

Oh, and the parking brake also can't be set by clicking something in the plane, can it? That's something I often do with a hotkey (as exception). ;)

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Float version: Water rudder control in the plane?

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Water rudder is a lever on the floor, but there is no parking brake in a Cub...

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:Water rudder is a lever on the floor, but there is no parking brake in a Cub...
Ah! I found it! Thanks. I had seen the 'pole' (stick) a bit hidden left from the chair before, and wondered what it was for, but didn't try it out. Thought it was a pipe of some kind. ;) Good to know! And good to know about the parking break, too. Obviously for the float and ski version a parking break would a bit weird as well... but didn't realize there was none on this plane. I've read bits and pieces of the manual, but have to dive more into this one when I have a bit more time.

Thanks a bunch for the answers again!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Remember to have water rudder up for take off and landing.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

According to the manual (but I didn't try it) there's also a key binding for it. I believe it was CTRL-W. I found this out later. But yes, I raise it before take off. =)

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I have it bound to a button on my joystick
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Illi73 wrote:According to the manual (but I didn't try it) there's also a key binding for it. I believe it was CTRL-W. I found this out later. But yes, I raise it before take off. =)
Yes theres the default and you can remap it to what you need in the sim should you want to change it.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”