The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:59 am 
Staff Sergeant

Well, I don't post on the support forum as I know that you guys don't support P3D but somebody may have an idea about what to do. I didn't see any cause for concern flying the Cub in P3D, except that taking off from water has become almost impossible (for me at least) as my beloved J3 seems like being stuck in the mud and doesn't almost gain any speed :mrgreen: .

It is also disconcerting that the aircraft only moderatly follows the nice P3D heave.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:05 am 
Senior Master Sergeant

Well, the float cub is a bit underpowered in fsx...here is what I did to fix and haven't had any issues yet...in the float .cfg under the propeller section, change the thrust scalar to 1.125....that gives just a touch more thrust and hasn't seemed to effect accusim and keeps the handling realistic...works in p3dv2.3 as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:54 pm 
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Hello,

Is your cub all updated? Are you able to get up on the step, you won't gain too much speed until on the step in the little cub.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Twitch for my own twitch live streaming

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:15 pm 
Senior Airman

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Hello,

Is your cub all updated? Are you able to get up on the step, you won't gain too much speed until on the step in the little cub.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, no need to modify anything. Apply rules/procedure page 81 from the manual. I can take of with full payload in Fsx, I guess it would be possible in p3dv2.3.

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K OC@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows 7 Ultimate 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky16+Asca|Mce|All A2A

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:48 am 
Staff Sergeant

It was working fine till 3.3, then it is impossible to get on the step. I can't even get enough airspeed to get up on one float.

Donald

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:19 am 
Staff Sergeant

For some reasons, I apparently missed some of the answers there two years ago :oops: ! Having been on pain killers for a few weeks not long before didn't help I suppose :mrgreen: !

Everything updated and following all procedures, take off is difficult in P3D except with a light fuel load (dont even think of having Heidi) and a strong nose wind. Or indeed changing the engine parameters... Not for me, no Sir :lol: ! In any case you can't really get on the step in P3D being v2 then or v3 now. My experience anyway. My best, not so original, guess is that the water has not the same physics than in FSX.

Other AS floatplanes can take off more easily but their modeling is more gamey in nature than the Cub which was the first aircraft with which I could "step on it" in FSX.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:13 pm 
Staff Sergeant

I flew the Cub on floats in P3D 3.2 and had no trouble getting airborne either from the ocean or calm water. It changed with 3.3 again so the Cub is struggling.