Convince me!

Born to fly
new reply
sioux565
Airman First Class

Convince me!

Post by sioux565 »

I'm a big GA guy. I have the Spit which I love, don't get me wrong, but it's not my cup of tea. Seeing how the Cub is the only GA aircraft from A2A, convince me why I should purchase this marvelous bird! I have the Real Air Duke, which in my eyes is great, but I want something smaller with the same quality as that, if not, better.

Thanks!

Chad Graves
Senior Airman
Location: About a mile from KUDD. With the All American Canal to my back.

Re: Convince me!

Post by Chad Graves »

It's Accu-Sim. Nothing else need be said. At least not in my mind. :mrgreen:

sioux565
Airman First Class

Re: Re: Convince me!

Post by sioux565 »

Chad Graves wrote:It's Accu-Sim. Nothing else need be said. At least not in my mind. :mrgreen:
Good point! Still need more convincing, please.

Chad Graves
Senior Airman
Location: About a mile from KUDD. With the All American Canal to my back.

Post by Chad Graves »

Alright, it's the highest quality GA aircraft I have yet to find and like you most of my flying is GA. It makes for a great sight seeing aircraft. And it's always fun to take Heidi up for some aerobatics.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Certainly I have a slightly biased view on things.... however, much has already been said about the Cub in reviews, etc. Some of these quotes can be seen on the main A2A page. Below I have given a few places to learn more about the Cub, and I'll let them speak for themselves. I'm sure a few customers might chime in as well.

Take a look at this independent review of the Cub from AVSIM. The Cub won the coveted Gold Star Award from them:
http://www.avsim.com/pages/1209/A2A/Cub.htm

Also, this is a video I crafted based upon information provided by industry professionals and real pilots. It is noteworthy because it discusses the Cub, among other A2A aircraft in regards to Accusim.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnQjs0CHoRs[/youtube]
ImageImage
ImageImage

Li'lJugs
Senior Airman

Post by Li'lJugs »

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

sioux565 wrote:Still need more convincing, please.
Go to YouTube and seach on A2A Piper Cub. If those videos don't convince you, nothing will. :lol:

JetJockey
Airman First Class

Post by JetJockey »

http://www.avsim.com/pages/1111/EarthSim/VFR.html

Here is a scenery review. It may be somewhat interesting to you as it uses the A2A Cub for much of the flying part and sightseeing. Highly recommended. Not just the looks, the feel, the sounds, the realism, its the complicated simplicity.

Ray
When Pigs Fly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ray Marshall

WGMD
Airman

Post by WGMD »

Hi,

I'm owning several payware products of major software suppliers. The Cub is my first A2A aircraft, since half an hour or so. I just made a quick spin around Bowerman airport. That's all, no reading of manuals yet. I will dig into the book the next couple of days or so.

Well, the small Cub is in one word stunning ... ! I've never seen and experienced something similar in FS. Superb.
Go for it ... ! A great job by A2A.

Best regards from the Netherlands, close to EHAM,
Willem

Glassair
Airman

Convince me!

Post by Glassair »

Com'on convince me. Entertain me. Grow up.

colibrisim
Airman Basic

Post by colibrisim »

Hi Glassair
A lot of things has been told here and elsewhere, nothing negative. If you're not convinced yet, forget it, or convince yourself : make your own opinion. It's the only one that matters, don't you think ? :wink:
Vincent

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

Old but hey I'm in the mood...

Being able to do things with the Cub you can't do with any other
GA aircraft from any other manufacturer.

ie, Air Starts, parking it on a hill, letting it roll forward with engine off mags on, and
taking off from a glide and the engine firing itself up from just the prop spinning.

Being able to put the thing on a dot on a hill, or on a mountain ledge (if you can find
one challenging enough) and last of all,

Laughin your tits off as you scare the life out of Hiedi is just some of the fun you
can have in this awesome A2A plane.

Then of course... there's AccuSim... I need say no more. :)

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

One thing I noticed about the cub is that when you fly it you better be good at crabbing. The plane actually drifts according to the wind. You can slip it, stall it, and spin it. Things you can't do with most fsx aircraft.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Benthepilot
Airman Basic

Post by Benthepilot »

Planes are not fun till you stick a wheel on the tail!!!!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

sioux565 wrote:I'm a big GA guy. I have the Spit which I love, don't get me wrong, but it's not my cup of tea. Seeing how the Cub is the only GA aircraft from A2A, convince me why I should purchase this marvelous bird! I have the Real Air Duke, which in my eyes is great, but I want something smaller with the same quality as that, if not, better.

Thanks!
Just curious if you were convinced to purchase? If so how do you like it?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”