ATC keeps giving me and my Cub grief

Born to fly
new reply
Bigfish
Airman First Class

ATC keeps giving me and my Cub grief

Post by Bigfish »

Another FSX Noob question I'm afraid, chaps. Have managed to fly my dear little A2A Cub into East Midlands airport under ATC control, landed, taxied, avoided stationary objects, parked and saved flight. Next time I load it and I want to depart, but I'm damned if I can work out how to get ATC's attention, that is until I take off and get told off for not having permission to take off. It's upsetting me! How do I get to call them up when I've done an engine start and I'm ready to taxi out?
Intel Core2 E8400 (o/c to 3.9 Ghz), MSI P35Neo2, 2GB DDR2-800 Crucial Ballistix, Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic, SB Audigy, Direct X 9.0c, XP SP3, TM Cougar + U2nxt, TM Elite pedals, TrackIR 4 Pro+TIR 5.0b s/ware, Iiyama PLB2409HDS-B 24" monitor.

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Re: ATC keeps giving me and my Cub grief

Post by Kilstorm »

Once you contact ground and request taxi to parking, you MUST taxi to the spot they assign in order to later get permission for taxi to take off. By you not taxiing to the assigned spot and saving the flight, ATC is still waiting for you to taxi to the spot they assigned you before you can get the option to request taxi for takeoff.

Two things you can do, taxi to where they told you and use the magenta line to giude you there or do what I do, once you land and tower hands you over to ground, dial in the ground frequency and monitor ground as you taxi to park where ever you like never requesting a taxi to parking with the ground controller. That way you will always see the option to take for take off and when you save and load up the flight again, your radio is still set to ground freq.

Hope this makes sense to you.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Bigfish
Airman First Class

Re: ATC keeps giving me and my Cub grief

Post by Bigfish »

Hi Kilstorm, that makes complete sense, thanks so much! I'll try that next time I do a landing. I just inadvertently solved the problem another way, as I forgot to switch that little hand-held radio off when I wasn't using it, so I had a flat battery and couldn't speak to ATC, and I couldn't hear them shouting at me either!
Intel Core2 E8400 (o/c to 3.9 Ghz), MSI P35Neo2, 2GB DDR2-800 Crucial Ballistix, Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic, SB Audigy, Direct X 9.0c, XP SP3, TM Cougar + U2nxt, TM Elite pedals, TrackIR 4 Pro+TIR 5.0b s/ware, Iiyama PLB2409HDS-B 24" monitor.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”