Float Painting Tips

Born to fly
new reply
Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Float Painting Tips

Post by Tako_Kichi »

I have been working on a repaint for the float version of the Cub and last night I spent several HOURS trying to find all the various parts that make up the attachment brackets on both the floats and the fuselage. The problem was that I wanted the brackets/fittings on the floats to be one colour while the brackets/fittings on the fuselage were a different colour, as shown below:

The reason it took so long is because there are just so many faces/edges involved and it is only by trial and error that you can find the various parts. To help out others who may want to paint the floats a different colour to the lower fuselage I took some screenshots to help you out.

This is the floats texture sheet with the lower brackets/fittings (and in this case spars) shown in red:

This is a close up of the mid right area:

This is a close up of the lower right area:

Hopefully this will save repainters a LOT of time when they come to paint the floats. :wink: :lol:
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Re: Float Painting Tips

Post by Jigsaw »

Good stuff! Thanks for that.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

GAJIT
Airman

Post by GAJIT »

Well done - that is very apprechiated.

CODY614
Senior Airman

Post by CODY614 »

HEHEHE...Just in time...........Thanks Larry!

Jeff

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

Thanks for the post..... That will sure save sometime.

I know you posted this prior to the Update................. but have you or anyone found the texture sheet with the Oar? I think I've looked through every sheet and must have missed it somewhere.

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

I just checked with Rob and unfortunately it shares the same texture as the prop so there is no way to paint it at the moment.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”