Repaint request j3Flitfire NC1776

Born to fly
new reply
j3flitfire
Airman

Repaint request j3Flitfire NC1776

Post by j3flitfire »

Hello all Scott said I should ask if someone could do two repaints of my dads j3 flitfire cub NC1776 flight replicas did her in there cub package she was in the silver and british markings and for a time in the cub yellow I don't know how to put pics in here so email me and I'll send pics [email protected]
Thank you,Joe

skunker
Senior Airman

Re: Repaint request j3Flitfire NC1776

Post by skunker »

Joe, is your dad Dave Henderson? How's he doing?

j3flitfire
Airman

Post by j3flitfire »

Hi skunker,no dave's not but i did talk to him for the first time the other day and sent him old pictures I have an original photo 1941 black and white flying over NY.My dad was part owner of nc1776 back in the 50's and 60's.When I flew in her she was the yellow which is a easy paint for someone you just need to put the nc1776 on wings and tail then if someone has the flight replicas cub package they did a great paint of her.NC1776 is the rarest and most historical original cub around Orville Wright flew in her back in 1943 with my dads buddy who bought her from the guy who won her Mark Markle was his name and owned her up till the late 70's and Markle trained over 2000 pilots for WWII with her after her war department training was over Markle put new skin on and just painted her the cub yellow then she when to two more owners till Dave bought her and put her back to what she looked like when she started out in life I told Dave he did a great job.I probably know more about this plane than anyone the museum were she sits did not know what I know.
Joe

skunker
Senior Airman

Post by skunker »

Wow, lots of history. Last time I talked to Dave, he was having health issues and selling off all his Cubs.

j3flitfire
Airman

Post by j3flitfire »

anyone willing to help an old guy with this repaint request.
Thank you,Joe

CODY614
Senior Airman

Post by CODY614 »

j3flitfire wrote:anyone willing to help an old guy with this repaint request.
Thank you,Joe
Joe
If no one has volunteered :mrgreen:
I'll give them a go...The only question is about time frame for the "RAF" scheme. I googled it and found very little of any help...

All three seem different?

Or is the "flight replicas " version the one you want?

Jeff

j3flitfire
Airman

Post by j3flitfire »

Hi cody614,the one flight replica has nc1776 is my dads i helped them with the plane they did that plane for me and nc1776 for part of its live was yellow with the black lighting so that one is just putting on the NC1776 on wings and tail so if I could get one in both paints that would be great. NC1776 with all it's markings is the right way so if you have Flight Replicas they did it right on the money.
Thank you,Joe

CODY614
Senior Airman

Post by CODY614 »

j3flitfire wrote:Hi cody614,the one flight replica has nc1776 is my dads i helped them with the plane they did that plane for me and nc1776 for part of its live was yellow with the black lighting so that one is just putting on the NC1776 on wings and tail so if I could get one in both paints that would be great. NC1776 with all it's markings is the right way so if you have Flight Replicas they did it right on the money.
Thank you,Joe
Alllrighty then...give me a day or so...

Jeff

j3flitfire
Airman

Post by j3flitfire »

Say no hurry, my wife just bought me a Henry lever action Big Boy .44 magnum rifle and it's beautiful so I'll be busy with that " henry-guns.com " I always wanted a western rifle I must have been a good boy so far this year it cost $900.00 and shes made in USA all parts
Thank you,Joe

mfloriani
Airman Basic

Post by mfloriani »

Hello All,
I have particular interest in knowing more about this plane because I am doing a book on aviation history in Berks County Pennsylvania and this plane was once owned by Marquis C.J. Markle. Unfortunately, it is difficult recreating the history, but I do know some history about Marquis, who owned this plane many years ago. He was Berks County's first airplane owner and trained over 2,000 pilots during WWII. My e-mail is [email protected] if you can share more information about this person or plane. Thank you.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”