FSUIPC and Cub possible problem

Born to fly
new reply
Aether
Airman Basic

FSUIPC and Cub possible problem

Post by Aether »

Hi everyone,

First; that cub is a beauty and crosswinds landings have never been so exciting in flight simulator!

But it seems that there could be a problem with some FSUIPC based setups. I'm using a home made simpit with Bodnar's cards to control the axis and IOCards to control switches, leds and servo gauges. My pit is a work in progress but it works with all add-ons I have (including P47 and B377) but the cub. Looks like there is something causing it to bug with the cub.Axis controls work fine, but the whole IOCards script is bugging with the cub. Don't know what it could be, but a PFC user, Thibben, has the same problem, and it seems that PFC hardware is using FSUIPC offsets to work too.

Do you have any clue on this issue? I know that the cub has not so much gauges and switches, but I would really like to have at least mag switch and RPM gauge working with it.

Thanks in advance

Olivier.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FSUIPC and Cub possible problem

Post by Alan_A »

Aether wrote:Hi everyone,

First; that cub is a beauty and crosswinds landings have never been so exciting in flight simulator!

But it seems that there could be a problem with some FSUIPC based setups. I'm using a home made simpit with Bodnar's cards to control the axis and IOCards to control switches, leds and servo gauges. My pit is a work in progress but it works with all add-ons I have (including P47 and B377) but the cub. Looks like there is something causing it to bug with the cub.Axis controls work fine, but the whole IOCards script is bugging with the cub. Don't know what it could be, but a PFC user, Thibben, has the same problem, and it seems that PFC hardware is using FSUIPC offsets to work too.

Do you have any clue on this issue? I know that the cub has not so much gauges and switches, but I would really like to have at least mag switch and RPM gauge working with it.

Thanks in advance

Olivier.
Longshot question, but... could this have something to do with the Simconnect issue I've been having (views freeze when cycling camera views forward from prop view, then Track IR freezes, then I get the Simconnect error message). I'm running a multiple control setup (Saitek yoke plus X-52) through FSUIPC 4.5.0.0. Does it make sense that there could be one cause for both sets of problems?
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I myself am using a full Airliner system built by GoFlight but am not having any issues using either their third party software or using FSUIPC for some of the control inputs. We are looking into this however.
ImageImage
ImageImage

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

I'm FSUIPC user too, and was beta tester.

I have also multiple hardware (X52, MCP Combo Panel, 2 Saitek Throttles, some selfmade switches) and there weren't any problem during betatest. my complete hardware is set up via FSUIPC....but no problems
That doesn't mean that there couldn't be a problem...

Latest Verison of FSUIPC is 4.532 btw
http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=74352
maybe this helps?

Aether
Airman Basic

Post by Aether »

Alan_A wrote:
Longshot question, but... could this have something to do with the Simconnect issue I've been having (views freeze when cycling camera views forward from prop view, then Track IR freezes, then I get the Simconnect error message). I'm running a multiple control setup (Saitek yoke plus X-52) through FSUIPC 4.5.0.0. Does it make sense that there could be one cause for both sets of problems?
I don't know... I'm not using simconnect. IOCards software is installed on a second computer. It communicates with FSX computer via WideFS and IOCP which is the native IOCards protocol (if that's the proper word). I didn't have any simconnect errors. IOCards script just bugs with the cub, if I try to shut it down I'm having a "thread error, access denied (5)" error, and when I look into IOCPConsole (where you can check values of all your variables), hardware switches respond correctly, but all FSUIPC variables in and out are frozen. Strange thing, I used that script with many stock and add-ons aircraft and have never seen that before.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”