Cub is in beta

Born to fly
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Cub is in beta

Post by MarcE »

Nice aircraft. But why? There are already many good Piper Cubs around. Accusim on an aircraft with a simple engine manegement as the Cub? Really no need!

the only thing coming to my mind reading this statement is this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F37nM_Nh ... re=channel[/youtube]

and now... please tell my ONE reason, why they shouldn't do a Cub... I get crazy while waiting for the A2A Cub :D *driveling*

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Aztec73 wrote:So in fact the J-3 was a warbird
You're absolutely right. When I drew the Cub vs. Warbird distinction, I was talking more about user reactions ("why are you wasting time on a Cub when you could be developing a Hellcat [or what have you]?)" than about the reality of Cubs in combat. But I should have been clear that I mean the perception, not the facts.

The Glines book is very good, by the way. I've got a copy sitting within arm's reach of my flightsim computer.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

JayKae
Airman

Post by JayKae »

To be honest, when I first heard of it I thought to myself " why the Cub" but seriously after looking at the videos and all that, my mind was made up. We do a lot of VFR over at OZx and this little Cub with Accusim will be the ultimate low and slow for that purpose. I think it is a great move of A2A to have chosen this plane because as it was said earlier, it will attract a whole new clientele plus it really will bring us all back to what flying is really about. I make no excuses for just being an armchair pilot and if this Cub can bring me that one step closer to feeling the real deal.. I say go for it A2A!

Timber
Airman

Post by Timber »

In the tower at Rabaul PNG.
Smitty! Yea Boss. Any sign of the J-3? Not yet boss. Dang... Well keep those binoculars up because that Cub is supposed to be here any time now, and Frank, yea? Make sure Smitty gets all the coffee he needs.
Cheers,
Timber

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Timber wrote:In the tower at Rabaul PNG.
Smitty! Yea Boss. Any sign of the J-3? Not yet boss. Dang... Well keep those binoculars up because that Cub is supposed to be here any time now, and Frank, yea? Make sure Smitty gets all the coffee he needs.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Markoz
Senior Airman

Post by Markoz »

Alan_A wrote:
The waiting is killing me!
Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX470 | 24" LCD Monitor | 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 2TB HDD | Windows 7 Profession 64 bit & Window 8 64 bit

ImageImageImage

lawdawg
Senior Airman

Post by lawdawg »

Markoz wrote:
Alan_A wrote:
The waiting is killing me!
Me too.
It went real quiet. I am guessing no release this week.
Chad (PAEN)

melendir
Airman

Post by melendir »

Me too.
It went real quiet. I am guessing no release this week.
or it could be full attention to make it ready for this evening :wink:

Maybe we'll have to wait for a little more. Patience and it will be better when it comes out :)

There was comments about "Why the Cub?", but for announced reason to select "simple" plane to be able to focus on key elements on all airplane physics and stuff. I definately think A2A choose wisely.

Off course I still hope Beaver, Otter or Twotter someday, but I think general physics has more priority over certain plane model.
And since I love bush flying, Cub is a pretty good choice :)

PS.
And yes, the wait is killig me too :D
--------------
- Melendir -
--------------

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

Well.... it's 4 A.M. and I can't sleep...... I keep dreaming and thinking about the J-3 (smile) Isn't there a saying about A watched pot never boils or something like that. I just can't help it as I haven't been this excited since I was a little kid....... Amazing!!

Well..... I guess the soup will be ready when it's ready but like everyone else, I too am excited for this release. The wife just left a few moments ago for two weeks vaction back to the mid-west to visit family and I have the next 12 days with nothing to do. Sure would be nice if the dinner bell would ring right about now................ Oh...... life couldn't get any better than that! (smile)

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC, (Retired)
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

Markoz
Senior Airman

Post by Markoz »

1SgtMajor wrote:I just can't help it as I haven't been this excited since I was a little kid....... Amazing!!
Hey Steve! I know exactly how you feel because I can't remember being this excited about something for a very long time. It is now 9:45pm here and I haven't had a good nights sleep for two nights now. It doesn't look like tonight is going to be either.

Whenever I wake up (during the night or first thing in the morning) I race to turn on the computer to see if it's here! When it finally does arrive, my wife is going to be kicking my backside because we can both see me pulling a couple of all-nighters flying this Cub. :mrgreen:

Mark
Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX470 | 24" LCD Monitor | 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 2TB HDD | Windows 7 Profession 64 bit & Window 8 64 bit

ImageImageImage

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

Yes Mark I know....... Racing to the computer in the morning is almost like racing to see what's under the Christmas tree and if "Santa" has arrived. Scott and his team is more than a simulations company and wizards these days.............. they've become more like the eternal "Fountain of Youth" making me feel about 7 again!!! I LOVE IT!!!! (smile)

Cheers,
Steve R.
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

Xflyboy
Airman First Class

Post by Xflyboy »

The wait is tough, but I was able to get 200 routes done for it in my VA.
Now I'm ready to fly them!
:mrgreen:

flyingfarmer
Airman

Post by flyingfarmer »

Let's guess, guys!

Were will we see our J-3 first? In the product section, A2A's Onlineshop or will the "released" message first pop up here in the forum?

I can't wait anymore! I'm sure, she's gonna be one of the best AddOns ever programmed for flightsim. :mrgreen:

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

I've been guessing too as where it might show up. I usually check the product page first...... then go to the forums........ then I head over to SimMarket and take a peek...... then I pop over to Avsim and check their front page...... and lastly I head to Flightsim to check there. After that I look in a couple of other forums to see if there is anything there I might have missed...... then take a deep breath and start all over again. (You think I'm kidding don't you...........)

Cheers,
Steve R.
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

flyingfarmer
Airman

Post by flyingfarmer »

1SgtMajor wrote: (You think I'm kidding don't you...........)
No! Thats nearly the same to me! I only check sites in an other order. Usually I start with this forum. :lol:

OMG...we're on the best way to get crazy, when the cub don't comes out the next minutes... :shock:

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”