Release Date?

Born to fly
Somethingfake
Senior Airman

Re: Release Date?

Post by Somethingfake »

Alan_A wrote:
Somethingfake wrote:Just found a PDF copy of how to fly a cub and after reading it, I want to fly an accu-simmed plane even more! As for now, the bog standard cub will have to do.
If you're flying the default Cub (for however many days before the A2A version lands), do yourself a favour and get a hold of Alexander Metzger's revised flight dynamics, available here. Not perfect by any means (for example, it's too stable in the air because of corrections to the ground handling) but much better than the original. It's been keeping me going during the wait, along with the RealAir Citabira, which is a pleasure.

Thank you so much for this, I noticed the difference right away, although I accidentally ground looped the plane on my first landing because of heavy cross winds. Any one got tips to counter cross winds because I'm still having trouble with it and I constantly over correct and find myself landing sideways :oops:
Image Image Image

skunker
Senior Airman

Post by skunker »

Somethingfake wrote:Any one got tips to counter cross winds because I'm still having trouble with it and I constantly over correct and find myself landing sideways :oops:
Landing a Cub in high winds/crosswinds is probably one of the more difficult things to learn how to do correctly when learning to fly. It takes practice and experience. The way I was taught is you can either crab at and angle and then straighten out just before touchdown OR do a forward slip with your upwind wing down into the wind to keep the wind from pushing you out of alignment on final. By doing this method, you often land with your upwind tire first and then the other tires will eventually come down on their own a bit later. Whichever method you do, be sure to keep the upwind wing's aileron "into the wind", meaning, keep your stick "into the wind" so it keeps the aileron UP and not DOWN..this keeps any gusts from the crosswind from grabbing your wing and flipping you over.

Harder to type then show. I'll look for some videos online.

lawdawg
Senior Airman

Post by lawdawg »

Hi Scott.
Are we on for a release this week?
I hope so cause I need to make sure my money does not get appropriated somewhere else.
Thanks and waiting w/baited breath.......
Chad (PAEN)

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Just so I understand correctly, because I don't own any A2A aircraft, yet (shame on me): the Piper Cub will come as a standard FSX aircraft with the usual features and if I want the Accu-Sim features (hell, yeah!) I will have to purchase an additional expension pack, right? Or will this be a complete package?
Happy Landings
- Patrick

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Jigsaw wrote:Just so I understand correctly, because I don't own any A2A aircraft, yet (shame on me): the Piper Cub will come as a standard FSX aircraft with the usual features and if I want the Accu-Sim features (hell, yeah!) I will have to purchase an additional expension pack, right? Or will this be a complete package?
One of the other guys here at A2A can correct me if I am wrong, however, the aircraft as you suggested will be offered as a base package, with Accusim offered as an additional package. You can bundle the package if you wish and save a few bucks if you all buy it at once.

It will be reasonably priced.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Okay thanks!
Happy Landings
- Patrick

flyingfarmer
Airman

Post by flyingfarmer »

Good Morning A2A Team,

it would be very kind, if one of you could answer a simple "yes-or-no" question for us:

Is a release of the Cub still possible this weekend?

(I'm just saying, what everyone here is thinking :wink: )

Max

lawdawg
Senior Airman

Post by lawdawg »

Yeah, you're right...what everyone else is thinking.
I would say that due to a lack of response from the dev's...
that the answer is a big, fat, no.
Too bad cause the delay in response/release caused me to appropriate my money elsewhere.
Ya snooze ya loose.
Chad (PAEN)

VFR Reviews
Airman First Class

Post by VFR Reviews »

:lol:

That approach doesn't work, Lawdawg.

lawdawg
Senior Airman

Post by lawdawg »

Hey there.
With all due respect, I was not approaching or attempting to.
I was stating a fact. That is it, nothing more.
I am not on a fishing trip.
Chad (PAEN)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Sorry everyone, no news is good news. We've gone gold, which means the build is approved. We are releasing the Cub tomorrow (Sunday).

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

maxter
Airman First Class

Post by maxter »

Yeah, I'm sure the devs took your specific needs into consideration when putting together their release plan... :roll:
It may be a few weeks away, but you'll buy it anyway.
Core i7 4790 | O/C 4.9 Ghz | 32GB 2xRipjaws-X 16G DDR3-1866 RAM
Gigabyte GTX980| 3 x Phillips 21"
2 V300 240gb SSD RAID OS | 2 x Barracuda 3Tb SATA3 HD's in RAID
Antec P193| Corsair 1000W
Aviation photo gallery http://www.christopherbporter.com

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Scott - A2A wrote:Sorry everyone, no news is good news. We've gone gold, which means the build is approved. We are releasing the Cub tomorrow (Sunday).

Scott.

YEEEHAAAAAAAA

I will HATE this tomorrow Sunday... i forgot to send the money to Paypal and did it on Friday morning. And they need 3-5 working days to do that... CRAP!! but, my fault :roll: will have to ait a few days longer and be jealous of all of you flying around with this masterpiece -.- Deep inside I was hoping it would be released tuesday or wednesday *lol*

but hey Scott and team: THANKS :mrgreen:

Xflyboy
Airman First Class

Post by Xflyboy »

Awesome!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Well worth the wait.
Congrats to Scott & All!

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

BIG SMILE............... Well..... guess it's off to bed early for me tonight since I won't be sleeping anymore for the rest of the weekend.

What am I thinking............. I'm going to have to hop on a plane tonight and fly to PA so I can be at the factory when they open up in the morning!!!! (Grin)

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”