CUB REPAINT (Scallops)

Born to fly
new reply
EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

CUB REPAINT (Scallops)

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

Piper CUB repaint (Scallops)
Also includes an carbon fiber prop as an option if you want that installed. Just be sure to back up your original dds files and install the dds files in the Carbon Fiber prop rar to your aircraft texture folder.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/n4t5icdrz ... er+CUB.rar
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: CUB REPAINT (Scallops)

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Very nice, looks like lots of little details too 8) 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Thank You Lewis. Yes there's a bit of custom details with this one including the interior. Enjoy my friend. 8)

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Great looking repaint. Thanks for doing that one. :D :D

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Thank You 55 8) Enjoy!.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hey, Alan! Nice to see you back and getting creative again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Thanks Jacques, I won't be on as much as i use to with work and all but i should be getting back into the painting very soon on my time off like after work and weekends.

j1richard
Airman

Post by j1richard »

EightyFiftyFive wrote:Piper CUB repaint (Scallops)
Also includes an carbon fiber prop as an option if you want that installed. Just be sure to back up your original dds files and install the dds files in the Carbon Fiber prop rar to your aircraft texture folder.

DOWNLOAD:
Hi,
Great repaint of the J3 Cub, you are a true artist.

Help with install...It has been awhile since I did this so could you please give me more instruction on how to install this. I have the parts and pieces but don't know were to put them...ha!

I have downloaded the files but I'm behind the curve on installation....

Thx, John

rdvandenberg
Airman

Post by rdvandenberg »

:D -very nice- this was the first time a tried a repaint and it is an excellent choice for the cub-- thanks for your skill and effort--Bob

j1richard
Airman

Post by j1richard »

EightyFiftyFive wrote:Piper CUB repaint (Scallops)

DOWNLOAD:
Is this a repaint for FSX ?????

If so could you explain what directory(s) to install too ???

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

OK yes this is for FSX.

You want to extract it to temp folder or your desktop then copy and paste the Texture.Scallops folder inside the A2A_PiperJ3 folder. This is the folder that has the regular wheels.

Open that folder in the sim and you will see the INSTALL.txt file. Copy that text and paste it into your aircraft.cfg file that is listed inside the A2A_PiperJ3 folder which is the same folder you copied the Texture.Scallops folder into.... each aircraft folder ie: (A2A_PiperJ3), (A2A_PiperJ3_f), (A2A_PiperJ3_s), (A2A_PiperJ3_t) all have their own aircraft.cfg file so be sure your working in the A2A_PiperJ3 folder which is the aircraft that has the standard sized wheels. The other aircraft folders: *.*_s, *.*_f, *.*_t... are for the aircraft that have Ski's, Floats and Tundra wheels.

Once you have the text copied into your aircraft.cfg file under the other listings then you have to add the next number in sequence [fltsim.xx] to [fltsim.2] as seen below. But this is only my list as an example. You might have 50 repaints so the next one for this paint (Scallops) would be number 51 or [fltsim.51] of the order in your listing.

Here's my current listing below so far and as you see, when i added my scallops repaint text to this list I changed the [fltsim.xx] to [fltsim.2] this is how you add every repaint out there to your aircraft.cfg file as long as your in the correct aircraft folder. Again, every aircraft folder should have it's own aircraft.cfg. In my Scallops listing below I marked the Scallops in BOLD below just to show what has to be changed to see the actual repaint in the sim but normally you don't have to have these in bold text in yours.

[fltsim.0]
title=A2A Piper Cub
sim=PiperJ3
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=yellow
kb_checklists=A2A_Piper_J3_check
kb_reference=A2A_Piper_J3_ref
atc_id=NC31091
atc_id_color=
ui_manufacturer="A2A Piper"
ui_type="J-3 Cub"
ui_variation="Yellow"
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="A2A Simulations Inc."
description="The Piper Cub embodies the very essence of the romance and gypsy-lure of flying. Its design is one of the most fundamental expressions of the basic, primal relationship between pilot and airplane and few airplanes define stick and rudder more faithfully and distinctly than does the Cub."

[fltsim.1]
title=A2A Piper Cub 2
sim=PiperJ3
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=blue
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=N35224
atc_id_color=
ui_type="J-3 Cub"
ui_variation="Blue"
description="The Piper Cub embodies the very essence of the romance and gypsy-lure of flying. Its design is one of the most fundamental expressions of the basic, primal relationship between pilot and airplane; and few airplanes define “stick and rudder” more faithfully and distinctly than does the Cub."

[fltsim.2]
title=A2A Piper Cub Scallops
sim=PiperJ3
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=Scallops
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=N4930S
atc_id_color=
ui_type="J-3 Cub"
ui_variation="Scallops"
description="The Piper Cub embodies the very essence of the romance and gypsy-lure of flying. Its design is one of the most fundamental expressions of the basic, primal relationship between pilot and airplane; and few airplanes define “stick and rudder” more faithfully and distinctly than does the Cub."

If you want to use the carbon propeller then just copy the dds texture files from the included *.rar package into the aircraft folder you want to use it for and that's it. It will read the files in the actual repaint folder before it reads any other files, then it looks for the other files needed to complete the aircraft rendering so you see it in the sim. This is what the Texture.cfg file is for inside of every repaint folder. It reads these files first then go's and looks for other files needed to complete the aircraft to what you see on your screen.

Hope this helps!...

~A~

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Thanks everyone, for the kind remarks. Enjoy! 8)

j1richard
Airman

Post by j1richard »

EightyFiftyFive wrote:Thanks everyone, for the kind remarks. Enjoy! 8)
Thank you for the very good installation instructions.......its been awhile so I needed that memory jogger. Great repaint!

How can I acquire more of you're fabulous repaints ????

I would like to acquire the US Fire Service and the Cross over Classic for the A2A 182.

Is there a web site available to acquire them ???

Thx, John

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Hello John,... Thank You for the comments.
A while ago i had a HDD fail and I couldn't revive some of my paints. I lost a few but I'll take a look at my archives to see if I can find some of the paints you mentioned. Check around on here too, some of the members might have a few your looking for which i don't mind at all if they hand them out of course.
I don't have an download website but that's something I've been looking at in the near future.

I'm currently looking at recreating an airport scenery that lot of pilots like to fly into and I know Scott himself has been there in his commanche.
I'm currently gathering resources right now and if everything looks OK then I might decide to create it.

~A~

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”