The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:14 am 
A2A General

We have completely lost contact with FlightSimStore. We want the community to know and not to order A2A products from this company. It appears their store is taking orders, which if they are, is concerning.

IMPORTANT:
We sent an email to the hosting company here:
https://dnslytics.com/ip/119.9.8.242

If you are a paying customer of flightsimstore, and have also not been able to reach them, send an email to abuse@rackspace.com explaining your situation, as the more emails and complaints they get, the quicker they can act to resolve this problem.

In the meantime, any A2A customers that have had trouble getting their downloads from FlightSimStore has a safety net with us, and can PM Lewis here, as he has been helping customers get the products they paid for. We (and unsuspecting customers) would obviously rather prevent this from happening in the first place.

Scott.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:42 am 
Staff Sergeant

What do you mean by "completely lost contact" ?
I connected to my Flightsimstore account yesterday and re-downloaded a previous order, not A2A related though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:15 am 
Senior Master Sergeant

None of the orders are being updated and you will not get a reply to an email.

Cheers chris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:52 am 
Technical Sergeant

There is a message at the top of their store page that says:-

" Please Note: Most files have now been transferred to our new servers. Some files may still be inaccessible, so please let us know via our Facebook page. "

Could this have any bearing on the problem?

Pip Pip ! :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:13 am 
Technical Sergeant

guillaume78150 wrote:
I connected to my Flightsimstore account yesterday and re-downloaded a previous order, not A2A related though.

Paul K wrote:

" Please Note: Most files have now been transferred to our new servers. Some files may still be inaccessible, so please let us know via our Facebook page. "

Going back to sometime this spring they have been still processing payments for purchases but most people say they can't download anything. Intially FSS said it was a server or hosting related issue that they were working to resolve, but they've since ceased replying to any customer service inquiries and aren't replying to vendors - there are many vendors that are owed money by FSS. Luckily the only software I've bought from them other than my transferred ORBX stuff I have local backups for.

AviationAtWar on Youtube

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:26 am 
Staff Sergeant

I’ll always order directly from you guys, but I used to do a lot of business with FSS. It seems like ever since ORBX opened their own store, and cut ties with FSS, they have steadily gone downhill.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:49 pm 
Technical Sergeant

Don't know what FSS is doing. I ordered orbx products during a discount last year. Last week I wanted to re-download things and was a bit lost.
But within orbx account there was an option to migrate the FSS orbx licenses and this was successful.
I just wanted to let you know, that there's an option for this specific product category.

Hope the situation can be solved for all other products.

Regards
Jens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:03 pm 
VIP Partner

Bravo Scott! I’m worried how far this has spread and I fear this may end up in litigation somehow. I’m glad to see A2A make a stand on this, especially after me ringing those bells on this very forum.

guillaume78150 wrote:

Orders not being updated, patches not going out, inability for developers to add or remove old products, and in some cases customers with hundreds of dollars of orders that weren’t fulfilled. They’ve completely disappeared, and in my opinion unless there is a suitable explanation it’s bordering on scam territory at this point.

Paul K wrote:

That message has been there for quite some time and isn’t recent. Even if you contact them on Facebook, I’ve watched them delete people’s messages all the while very rarely and occasionally making a random new announcement. If you check around there’s a plethora of people awaiting fulfillment of previous orders. Several other developers have made announcements about them as well.

Simply put, AVOID THE FSS AT ALL COST!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:06 pm 
A2A General

Flightsimstore is selling A2A products and have not responded to any of our inquiries via direct email, Skype, facebook messaging, or online support tickets. We have asked them to remove our products from their store, but we are not sure any of our messages are making it through to anyone. So it is not advisable to buy A2A products from Flightsimstore.

Scott.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:00 pm 
Staff Sergeant

The same is going on with Milviz, and Milviz is advising everyone not to order from FSS as well.

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:46 pm 
Airman Basic

Hmmm, I tried to PM Lewis, and I get the following message, "Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt." I made two purchases of A2A products from the Flightsimstore long ago that I would like to update. I'm happy to complain as Scott suggests. But, is there any way A2A could merge those purchases into the A2A Store so I won't have to deal with flightsimstore anymore? Who can I send my proof of purchase to by PM if Lewis doesn't accept PMs? I love A2A products. Please help me rectify this issue. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:06 pm 
Chief Master Sergeant

Did you PM the correct Lewis?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:41 pm 
Staff Sergeant

What I think really happened: They were the cream of the crop when Orbx used them as their store.... Orbx made their own store, and FSS lost popularity... and revenue.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:07 pm 
Airman

I have purchased a number of A2A products from Flightsimstore, if I send Scott my FSS purchase receipts and serial numbers, is there anyway they can be added to my account here so I have everything in one place and deal directly with you guys?

I know it’s a big ask, but I think it’s fair to say FSS has crashed and burned, or is certainly in a very fast spiral decent and I would hate to lose my A2A aircraft

Cowboy10uk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:57 am 
Technical Sergeant

In light of what's been said, I think I'd better go through my account at FSS and make sure I have local back-ups. All my Orbx scenery orders have been transferred to Orbx's own outlet, but I bought some aircraft and utilities too. It's a shame this has happened because I always liked FSS for their product range and support.

Pip Pip ! :)