3D lights for the WoP3_P51D by default? NO?!

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
new reply
wingclip
Airman

3D lights for the WoP3_P51D by default? NO?!

Post by wingclip »

I just bought the WoP3_P51D and last night I had a short window of opportunity to open it in FSX. Although I haven't opened in in total darkness yet, I didn't recall seeing a 3D effect in the dawn of yesterdays flight.

So I just checked the aircraft.cfg and noted that there aren't any options to activate the 3D shockwave lights like I had for the B377.

In fact, I had also purchased the J-3 Cub at the same time, (both planes with the Accusim additions), and wondered if there's a way to custom-install a set of 3D lghts for the cub, or at least a landing light).

Anyway, the J3 Cub is off topic but what about the WoP3_P51D? Does anyone have an already established 3D configuration they like for that plane? I know how to set some up but it can take time to find the combination that best suites the aircraft so I'm throwing this out there.

(I'm about out of time now anyway, but I think there may even be a 3D config for download in one of the nearby threads, I just thought of that but not before this post and that @#$# clock is about to "ring" :( ...)
Thanks,
Rich
Corsair 780T case/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB x 3600MHz RAM/ EVGA 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K/ RTX-3080 Ti/ EK-Quantum CPU block/ EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge/ Dual rsvr: 900 mL/ 2 Rads: 240 & 120 mm Psh/Pll

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: 3D lights for the WoP3_P51D by default? NO?!

Post by Scott - A2A »

The Accu-Sim Mustang uses 3D lights "M" - which stands for "Model." The lights are built into the model, so they're not triggered in the aircraft.cfg.

Did you try to see if you can see the light beam at night (not dawn)?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

wingclip
Airman

Post by wingclip »

Scott - A2A wrote:The Accu-Sim Mustang uses 3D lights "M" - which stands for "Model." The lights are built into the model, so they're not triggered in the aircraft.cfg.

Did you try to see if you can see the light beam at night (not dawn)?

Scott.
Yes Scott, I must apologize. The lights are definitely Shockwave, no doubt about it. The last couple of nights only had a small window of opportunity to get some flying in.

This morning, I actually have some time on my hands and decided to take the opportunity to fly the P 51 which I didn’t have a chance to revisit last night. I opened the flight at a “dusk” setting and sure enough, the Shockwave lights were definitely there.

In fact, the first time I open the plane in daylight, if I would’ve taken some time to look at the lights a little closer, I would’ve seen that it was definitely Shockwave lights as well.

Sorry for my hasty post last night, I was rushed and tired and as a result, careless.
Thank you,
Rich
BTW: has anyone ever tried to install a customized Shockwave light effect on an aircraft like the J3 without actually having a landing light image for the illumination to emanate from? I may try that if it can be done ;)
Corsair 780T case/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB x 3600MHz RAM/ EVGA 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K/ RTX-3080 Ti/ EK-Quantum CPU block/ EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge/ Dual rsvr: 900 mL/ 2 Rads: 240 & 120 mm Psh/Pll

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

I have not messed with the FSX version, but in FS9 I could add the lights to any aircraft, in any place on the aircraft. I would think FSX is the same?

wingclip
Airman

Post by wingclip »

robert41 wrote:I have not messed with the FSX version, but in FS9 I could add the lights to any aircraft, in any place on the aircraft. I would think FSX is the same?
Thank you Sir!
I'm going to give it a try because I can't see why it wouldn't work either. I have no doubt that there are real world J3 owners out there that added landing lights and probably even Nav's.
Rich

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”