My WOP2 Mustang Supercharger is not working

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
new reply
Hoogs
Airman

My WOP2 Mustang Supercharger is not working

Post by Hoogs »

Hi,

I attempted an experiment with regards to a question asked about the P-51 Mustang. I was surprised to find that my Mustang had difficulty climbing to 17000 feet! As far as I could tell my supercharger wasn't working. I did find another post on the forums about the loss of power above 13500 feet, but there was a rather vague answer and most likely incorrect fix to the CFG file. No offense to the fix, but I don't want my mustang to perform like a Jug.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 60&t=24920

I'm looking forward to the release of the WOP3 Mustang but I did pay for a "Can be flown "by the book"" WOP2 Mustang.

Please help me.
CPU- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
GPU- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4 GB
RAM- 16 GB 0215 @ 1333 MHz
OS- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Motherboard- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-PRO GAMER (SOCKET 1150)

ImageImageImage

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: My WOP2 Mustang Supercharger is not working

Post by Killratio »

The modelling on normal FSX engines is "interesting" above about 12,000-13,000ft. You will need to wait for the Accusim Mustang as Accusim overcomes almost all FSX limitations

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

The original WOP2 Mustang requires that you turn on auto mixture, otherwise you will need to set the mixture yourself when flying. It's more realistic having auto mixture with this plane enabled however. There is a third option. In your aircraft.cfg for your WOP2 Mustang, look for a line that says the following:

Code: Select all

fuel_air_auto_mixture= 0
Change it to:

Code: Select all

fuel_air_auto_mixture= 1
Now you won't have to select auto mixture from the realism settings. Now the performance charts will work and you'll get her up to very high altitudes. Please note that when the original WOP2 Mustang was developed, nobody had cracked the code for an authentically produced automatic carburetor. A2A was the first company to my knowledge to develop this, and do so properly. From the 377 onward, the carburetor works as intended and realistically, whereas before they were using the built in auto mixture system.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Hoogs
Airman

Post by Hoogs »

Thank you gents. :D
CPU- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
GPU- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4 GB
RAM- 16 GB 0215 @ 1333 MHz
OS- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Motherboard- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-PRO GAMER (SOCKET 1150)

ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”