P-51A

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
new reply
A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

P-51A

Post by A-26Invader »

I was browsing through the P-51 section and read up on some B/C topics. The Mustang razorback variants are unique, especially when you've flown in one before (TP-51 Betty Jane to be exact). Yesterday I found out that the P-51A 'Polar Bear' is currently on the market, and the aircraft's heart is indeed an Allison engine.
So my two questions are, has the team ever talked about an A model? And what was the teams thought's on that kind of project if they have?
ImageImageImage

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: P-51A

Post by Scott - A2A »

We almost made one, but it just didn't end up happening. We're deep in the new Accu-Sim P-51D model atm.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

By all means, A2A's P-51D is going to kick a** I know for a fact! I just wondered if the team has ever had any thoughts on a project like that. Glad to know the team has, its all I wanted to know. Thanks Scott!
ImageImageImage

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

It would be an interesting plane for A2A to develop so I hope this idea is revisited.

I had hoped for a P-51B/C but after some consideration I think the P-51A would be totally unique and distinct enough to be a fascinating contrast to the P-51D while still offering something to those of us who like the razorback shape of the P-51B/C.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”