Having trouble with trim

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
new reply
bradrcfii
Airman Basic

Having trouble with trim

Post by bradrcfii »

I just installed the P51 yesterday. I notice that the aircraft tends to roll to the left and that I cannot control it with aileron and or rudder trim.

I do not have the same issue with other aircraft.

What might be wrong?

Thanks,

Brad
Brad
FSX Accelaration Asrock Z68 Gen3 I2600K OC4.6Ghz Muskin 240Gb SSD GTX580
CFI CFII CMEL

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Re: Having trouble with trim

Post by Tigerclaw »

Do you mean on the take off run? If so that is torque. It's a balancing act with rudder and throttle, and takes practice.

If you mean in the air, and the wing just dips left and rolls. Then that could be many things. WIND makes a big difference in this plane, as does FUEL load. Assuming everything is fine with drivers, controllers FSX setup etc. Check you fuel levels in the tanks and make sure they are even. Check wind speed and direction. I've noticed that the P-51, and Spitfire are VERY unstable below about 6000ft if the wind is up. Climbing up above this altitude usually stabilises the planes.

All that is assuming, of course, that there aren't any faults with system or controls, and just some things to eliminate :)
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

bradrcfii
Airman Basic

Re: Having trouble with trim

Post by bradrcfii »

Thanks Tigerclaw,

I think my problem is that I have never flown a WWII bird, just Boeing and large GA stuff. Probably not much dihedral on a P51.

Yes, I had paid no attention to fuel loads.

Brad
Brad
FSX Accelaration Asrock Z68 Gen3 I2600K OC4.6Ghz Muskin 240Gb SSD GTX580
CFI CFII CMEL

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”