Shannon Productions - P-51 Video

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
new reply
billsailaway27
Airman Basic

Shannon Productions - P-51 Video

Post by billsailaway27 »

This is a Shannon Productions film for the newly organized 91st BG Formation Flight Team, "The Black Stallions" flying the WOP P-51.

Hope you enjoy it. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3amM1KeNg-g&hd=1[/youtube]

Visit us at the 91st Bombardment Group http://www.91stbombardmentgroup.com
Colonel Bates
Commander
91st Bombardment Group (H)
www.91stbombardmentgroup.com

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Shannon Productions - P-51 Video

Post by Norforce »

Just stunning
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

billsailaway27 wrote:This is a Shannon Productions film for the newly organized 91st BG Formation Flight Team, "The Black Stallions" flying the WOP P-51.

Hope you enjoy it. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3amM1KeNg-g&hd=1[/youtube]

Visit us at the 91st Bombardment Group http://www.91stbombardmentgroup.com
Nice video.
Just a small thing. I've noticed over time that a lot of nice folks who make these wonderful videos using P51 Mustangs in aerobatic flight show them with 2 75gal drop tanks installed while engaged in these aerobatics.
I would respectfully suggest that people making these films remove those tanks. From a real world point of view, I would never engage in aerobatic flight in a 51 with these tanks on the wings. Rolling pullouts especially could prove to be a very serious problem g wise with the tanks in place.
Just a small thing as I say, but the video takes on a much more real world look if 51's are flown acrobatically clean.
Dudley Henriques

billsailaway27
Airman Basic

Post by billsailaway27 »

Thanks Guys.

Dudley I agree with you 100% but lossing the tanks seems to be a mystery. Even when you use the Drop Tanks switches, they never seem to actually disappear. If someone can figure that issue out I would Greatly appreciate it.

I am hoping that once the Accu-sim P-51 gets released, the tanks CAN be jetisoned and not be seen.
Colonel Bates
Commander

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

billsailaway27 wrote:Thanks Guys.

Dudley I agree with you 100% but lossing the tanks seems to be a mystery. Even when you use the Drop Tanks switches, they never seem to actually disappear. If someone can figure that issue out I would Greatly appreciate it.

I am hoping that once the Accu-sim P-51 gets released, the tanks CAN be jetisoned and not be seen.
No problem here doing it. What I do is hit the release switches TWICE, once to arm them and once to release the tank.
I fly the 51 clean all the time.
I think this is the preferred way to do it. I'm not near the manual right now but try it this way and see if you can lose them. Remember, TWO clicks on each release switch. You should see the cockpit rock just a bit as the weight is released.
I'm guessing you might have just clicked the switches once instead of twice. :-))
DH

Capt.Frippe
Airman Basic

Post by Capt.Frippe »

Hello Dudley! Even if you hit the switches twice you still have them hanging a bit behind the the aircraft so we had them on but no fuel in them. I hope that this problem can be solved with the Accusim :wink:
Last edited by Capt.Frippe on 06 Sep 2011, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Capt.Frippe wrote:Hello Dudley! Even if you hit the switches twice you still have them hanging bak a bit from the aircraft so we had them on but no fuel in them. I hope that this problem can be solved with the Accusim :wink:
Hi;

You know, if I remember right, the issue of the trailing tanks came up during the beta for the Mustang and the guys found it and solved it. I wish I could remember what they did but I usually leave the 1's and 0's to the REAL smart guys at A2A.
I think if you post a general question on this to the Pilots forum either Scott, Lewis, Rob, or one of the other guys will be able to solve this one for you.
DH

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Post by Air_Wolf »

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Capt.Frippe wrote:Hello Dudley! Even if you hit the switches twice you still have them hanging bak a bit from the aircraft so we had them on but no fuel in them. I hope that this problem can be solved with the Accusim :wink:
Hi;

You know, if I remember right, the issue of the trailing tanks came up during the beta for the Mustang and the guys found it and solved it. I wish I could remember what they did but I usually leave the 1's and 0's to the REAL smart guys at A2A.
I think if you post a general question on this to the Pilots forum either Scott, Lewis, Rob, or one of the other guys will be able to solve this one for you.
DH

Yea, I was wondering how to have the tanks not seen once removed but then found out that once you record your video they don't show..I started a Video(still working on) and tanks are not visible...once you click the toggle switches..btw nice video..how did you get the smoke??????

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Post by Air_Wolf »

Once again how'd you get to the smoke to work?????? :?:

billsailaway27
Airman Basic

Post by billsailaway27 »

We created a panel with 18 switches, in two rows. The top row had all the lights assigned to them, the second row was assigned to smoke effects. By assigning a perticular smoke effect to each smoke switch.the first 5 switches each turned on a single smoke trail. 1-Red, 2-White, 3-Blue, 4-Green, 5-Yellow. The last 4 control a 3 smoke trail, 6-tri color Red,White, Blue. 7-3 blue, 8-3 white. 9-3 red.

With this panel we can run any smoke or combination. With all the switches on, you get a wild psycodelic smoke trail.
Colonel Bates
Commander

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Post by Air_Wolf »

billsailaway27 wrote:We created a panel with 18 switches, in two rows. The top row had all the lights assigned to them, the second row was assigned to smoke effects. By assigning a perticular smoke effect to each smoke switch.the first 5 switches each turned on a single smoke trail. 1-Red, 2-White, 3-Blue, 4-Green, 5-Yellow. The last 4 control a 3 smoke trail, 6-tri color Red,White, Blue. 7-3 blue, 8-3 white. 9-3 red.

With this panel we can run any smoke or combination. With all the switches on, you get a wild psycodelic smoke trail.

So you created a mod to do this...cause it was not modding in by A2A...nice

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”