Cold start?

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
new reply
Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Cold start?

Post by Air_Wolf »

Hello all

Well my P-51D is in a cold start at runway on free flight I hit Ctrl+E for start up...it does but shortly stops..same as I click the startup switch it starts then shortly shuts off..

What am I doing wrong...???.>>>LOL

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Re: Cold start?

Post by Air_Wolf »

Any idea's???

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

I would think you are out of fuel as the P-51 most of the time will have no fuel in the main and a little in the aux tanks
Check the gauge left side shoulder hieght for thr main and on the floor both sides of the seat
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Post by Air_Wolf »

Norforce wrote:I would think you are out of fuel as the P-51 most of the time will have no fuel in the main and a little in the aux tanks
Check the gauge left side shoulder hieght for thr main and on the floor both sides of the seat

LOL....Okay will do that check the fuel gauge...but don't think that is it thought..but what the hey...right???

Edited...Solved!

In FreeFlight....I went into " Fuel/Payload " settings and found the fuel tanks were empty(LOL)..so I filled them to the max..just tested and works fine..

Thanks for pointing in the direction to look...

Silly Me..

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Post by Air_Wolf »

Well, Okay just did a quick flight both for " Snooks " and " By Request " will work on a video during the day..hope you like it..

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Norforce wrote:Check the gauge left side shoulder hieght for thr main and on the floor both sides of the seat
There's a fuel gauge for the main tank? I'll have to look for that, didn't know there was one, thanks for that. I knew where the others were on the floor though.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Post by Air_Wolf »

Tigerclaw wrote:
Norforce wrote:Check the gauge left side shoulder hieght for thr main and on the floor both sides of the seat
There's a fuel gauge for the main tank? I'll have to look for that, didn't know there was one, thanks for that. I knew where the others were on the floor though.

Yea, behind your left shoulder..cheers..

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”