My new P-51 repaints

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Re: My new P-51 repaints

Post by mountainhighair »

Marie is now showing on Simviation. Here's a shot of the dirty side that doesn't get much attention. Same detail on all my paints.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone! Stay safe.
Jonno

ebz7350
Airman

Post by ebz7350 »

hello,
Awesome skins yet again never ceases to amaze me the fabulous paintwork &
skills put into these fine pieces of art. On the subject of BEER (ahem..) have a browse
at this-
http://www.funnieststuff.net/viewmovie. ... 252&id=590
The Lego Beer song link provided by my friends son :P
Like the Israeli AF skin 8)
Have a great Festive Season 1 & All :wink:
Regards
David
Protected by ESET Smart Security 7

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

THAT is hillarious and irreverant! A redundant comment in some circles. :mrgreen:

I'm working on a batch of repaints close to my heart - 357th FG including two of "Old Crow", "Glamorous Glen III", and "Frenesi" (free n easy). Got held up by revamping my paint kit so it's easier for me to work with. Would like to get these out before Christmas as a gift, but certainly can't promise anything as next week is historically hectic.

Thanks David. Needed the laugh...

John

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Well, folks, I've been juggling work on my latest 357th repaints with learning HTML and building my own website; HOWEVER, my Broncos just kicked butt and I've been thinking over the past few months of doing a Bronco/Mustang repaint. So looks like I'm juggling a full set of 3 projects... Next update will be an upload of who-knows-what. GO BRONCOS! :mrgreen:

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

I finally slipped in some time on repaints. The Olive Drab version of "Old Crow" has been uploaded to Simviation/FSX/Payware. The bare aluminum version, and Yeager's "Glamorous Glen III" are on the way.

This is my OD "Old Crow" lolligagging along at flaps 20, open canopy, and low throttle. Yes, lolligagging is an official term.

I wrapped the camo over the leading edge of the wings and tied it into the fuselage camo line. That's how the existing OD Old Crow is. Pain in the butt, yes. Cool exercise, though.

As usual, I threw in a Cracker Jacks treat in the form of drop tank options.

Hopefully it won't be long before we all have a whole new P-51, but until then I have a couple more repaints to post. I'm getting my vector art done for the future Mustang, and might as well keep posting for the current WoP2.
I need to get off to the theatre and see Red Tails so I can pick it apart. haha. I'll enjoy it though. It is what it is.

John

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

I was doing some work on the Old Crow bare aluminum skins and had a rampant thought. I just threw this together. Needs some work. These tanks won't work well for the WoP2 Mustang as the starboard side is mirror-imaged, but I might do these for the new Mustang. Nice thought, flying around with 150 gallons of pure Kentucky good times...
I guess I'll make these available as an option.

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

I have a couple more repaints uploaded to Simviation\payware - Old Crow bare aluminum and Yeager's Glamorous Glen III. The General's plane should be up tomorrow.

I decided against the Old Crow drop tanks. However, a couple of Old Crow helmets were thrown into the mix.

BTW, a little trivia. Take a look at your Mustang's panel. Which plane do those numbers on the radio call tag come from?

John

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

I am happy to announce my new website, which is still in beta testing mode, Simulated Creations.com. Some text editing and Browser testing are still in the works...

All of my repaints will be posted here from now on. The only new repaint I have at this time is not really new, but a revamp of the venerable A2A "Snooks" decked out as a modern restored warbird. That basically means it doesn't have the same weathering that the original Snooks has. It is available for download as "The Flying Undertaker" so it won't conflict with the orginal installation of your Snooks skin.

I have reworked some older existing skins of mine with the lastest version of my paint kit. You can find the listings on the home page and the downloads on the "WoP2 page" under "Repaints".
Some of the reworked old faces:

Hope you enjoy the site and the new paint! Feedback of any kind is most welcome, either PM or email through the Contact page.

Cheers
John

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

mountainhighair wrote:Thanks guys! I do want to upload my growing collection onto SOH. That seems to be the hub of talent and knowledge but I haven't really been around the block yet. Had lots of trouble in the past with SOH creating and maintaining a registration. Some feedback on the best place to post would sure help me out. I'd rather post on everyone else's preferred site.

John
Lockon files is a good one to post at......
http://www.lockonfiles.com

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Keep an eye on this page for repaints of the new WoP3 Mustang:
http://www.simulatedcreations.com/simul ... p3_51.html

I'm slow and meticulous, and have limited time to work on skins; but anything I do will be released first on my website at the link above.

Cheers,
John

mamainiero
Airman Basic

Post by mamainiero »

This is one of the best P-51's I've seen on the west coast. If you have ever heard of Eddie Andreini, this one is his. It just came out of an extensive refurbishment, and has been polished as clear as a mirror.

Might be an interesting plane to do!

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

That's a sweet Mustang indeed. Thanks for the request. My plan is to re-create all my WoP2 repaints for the WoP3 Mustang, plus a few others that I never released, then press on to newer pastures (not necessarily in that order). The new bird looks to be more painter-friendly and should allow me to put out more skins in less time.

heydon2008
Airman

Post by heydon2008 »

These repaints are cool, i dont know the work involved , but any chance these repaints could be adapted to the new Wings of power £ P51?

heydon2008
Airman

Post by heydon2008 »

Sorry ummm didnt read the last posting properly i undstand you intend to create them for this WOP3 mustang my mistake

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Hi Heydon, I surely would like to recreate all of my previous work for the new WoP3 Mustang, but there is a LOT more work involved, and I've been distracted by life's normal roller-coaster ride and haven't the time to devote to repaints. But the time will come. I was a late-comer before and looks like I will be again.

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”