My new P-51 repaints

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Re: My new P-51 repaints

Post by mountainhighair »

Thanx so much Gents. These repaints have the latest additions to my paint kit - reworked some fasteners and added detail to the rudder trim servo (starboard rudder only). Maybe some other stuff I can't remember. I have a request for the Tuskegee "By Request" and also working on nose art for another Blue-Noser "Excalibur"...

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

BTW, here is a link to a Simviation search for all of my work thus far:
http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... y&x=18&y=9

John

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Here's another repaint posted on Simviation\Payware (link above). This was done by request of Air_Wolf for "By Request". Catchy, huh. This is the Tuskegee Airmen's 332 FG Group Commander's plane. This is a fictional repaint of a modern Mustang that doesn't exist so I was free to do whatever with it.

One of those "whatevers" was giving it a polished prop like on 'Stang Evil. I made it a D30 with late-model wheels and added intakes above the radiator intake.
It should be appearing on Simviation this weekend...

John

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Post by Air_Wolf »

mountainhighair wrote:Here's another repaint posted on Simviation\Payware (link above). This was done by request of Air_Wolf for "By Request". Catchy, huh. This is the Tuskegee Airmen's 332 FG Group Commander's plane. This is a fictional repaint of a modern Mustang that doesn't exist so I was free to do whatever with it.

One of those "whatevers" was giving it a polished prop like on 'Stang Evil. I made it a D30 with late-model wheels and added intakes above the radiator intake.
It should be appearing on Simviation this weekend...

John

Sweet baby ...man thanks alot..just love it to death....

I am gonna enjoy this baby...

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Here's another Blue Nosed "Bastage"... Excalibur, in real life, is one sweet and well prepared Mustang with custom work and attention to detail. I left James Read's name off the canopy sheetmetal since it's not a WW2 historical name tag and figure most won't want to fly around someone else's airplane in FSX. Download her and she's all yours. Uploaded Sunday night to Simviation\FSX\Payware. (find the link above in another post)

Love that shade of blue. On Petie-2nd I used a darker shade of AAF "Trainer" Blue, and on this one it is a bit darker still.

ebz7350
Airman

Post by ebz7350 »

hello,
Wooo Hooo..Big T.Y firstly for sharing :P absolutely brilliant gotta have
these markings to brand the stangs on my Pony Ranch :P
Keep up the good work, In the pilots lounge have a cold beer or 3 on me :wink:
Regards
David
Protected by ESET Smart Security 7

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Thanks Dave. Could go for a nice cold St Pauli or Becks :D Not sure what I'll upload next. Need to clean out the attic of old work I started years ago like Old Crow, Detroit Miss, Marie, and an Israeli skin along with the Dazzling Dee racer...

ebz7350
Airman

Post by ebz7350 »

hello,
Grolsh is nice chilled.. :lol: Great skins, I forgot Ooops..you uploaded to I these markings
from your skins. Nearly finished P-51D-20NA Warhorse just some little details I'll upload
some screenies l-8-er :P
Keep them flying :wink:
Regards
David
Protected by ESET Smart Security 7

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Hmmm that gets me thinking of a Grolsch paint I did for Viper Racing many ions ago. Perhaps a racing Grolsch Mustang would look nice. But St Pauli is my fav along with Bass. To me St Pauli and Becks are the same beer, both from Bremen. Coincidence?

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Here's a couple of new uploads to Simviation FSX\Payware. My favorite E2-S has been reworked and files recreated with my paint kit's latest version.

And old classic that I created artwork for a couple years ago is finally posted. The art was created on top of a hi-res black & white pic with good perspective, so it's pretty dead-on. Repainters get lucky sometimes.

Latest addition to my paint kit is a new radio deck. It's based on one photo with a bad angle so it's kinda close - not perfect, but makes for nice eye candy.

Hopefully all of this will be obsolete soon with the release of the Triple Whopper Mustang. It's just hard to not keep painting.

Bopper
Airman Basic

Post by Bopper »

"obsolete"... please tell they will make the move over to the "Triple Whopper Mustang" it would make Barbara Jean and the others so happy.

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

I have a feeling that lots of the 3D graphics work will be replaced with actual 3D modelling like previews have shown for the gear bays. The WoP2 P-51 is a very old model. The new one will be a whole new animal and my current paints will be adapted to it somehow, including Barbara Jean and lots of new faces :D

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

A new repaint up now at Simviation/FSX/Payware. This one was in the IAF following the war of independence which included lots of mercanaries and strange bed-fellows, like Spitfires and Mustangs flying alongside Messerschmitts (Czech S-199) and fighting other Spits.
John

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

I spotted this photo on my hard drive. Hmmm, this repaint might just show up on Simviation soon.

Give me a couple days and I should have this one uploaded to Simviation/FSX/Payware.

Jonno

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Awesome 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”