Battery switch problem

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
new reply
thunder
Airman Basic

Battery switch problem

Post by thunder »

Hi everyone!
I just bought the P-51D Solo, and installed it into FS9.
It's all great and works well, but there's one thing that bothers me: the battery switch doesn't seem to do anything. It's like the battery is always on, even when the switch is off. I can hear the buzzing sound, turn on lights and even start the engine with the switch in the OFF position. Is this not simulated?

Also, I can't find the tailwheel lock lever.

Other than that, it's a great plane.

Thanks

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Battery switch problem

Post by Skycat »

There isn't a tailwheel lock lever. The tailwheel is steerable when the control stick is in a neutral position or pulled back, and is disengaged and partially free-castoring when the stick is pushed forward.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I don't have FS2004 installed right now but I did test the FSX version. I was not able to turn on lights or anything else electrical, or turn over the starter, while the battery switch was turned off. Perhaps the sim versions make a difference? I don't remember the problem you describe being a known issue in FS2004 however.

Just to be clear, the battery switch is to the pilot's right and on the panel under the window crank. It is the second switch from the instrument panel and is on the top row. It should be in the downward position to be 'off.'

I've had problems where FS2004 remembers previous planes or where a feature or switch mysteriously does not operate when you load the plane. Try loading the default Cessna and then load the P-51D.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

thunder
Airman Basic

Post by thunder »

Just to be clear, the battery switch is to the pilot's right and on the panel under the window crank. It is the second switch from the instrument panel and is on the top row. It should be in the downward position to be 'off.'
Yep, that's the one.
Try loading the default Cessna and then load the P-51D.
That's exactly what I did. I usually load up the 172, turn off everything (including batteries and mags) and then load the Mustang.
BTW, I installed the P-51 in FSX (which I don't use 'cause it's a f***in slideshow on my system), and the battery switch works fine...

Any ideas?

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”