AccuSim Coming??

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
new reply
apollomaker
Airman

AccuSim Coming??

Post by apollomaker »

Hiya Folks ----

Been getting information from many sources but cannot seem to get firm info about the possibility or reality of an Accu-Sim add-on for the P-51D.

Is such a product in the works? Appreciate any comments or verification, one way or the other.

Many Thanks --- Bob :mrgreen:

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: AccuSim Coming??

Post by DHenriques_ »

apollomaker wrote:Hiya Folks ----

Been getting information from many sources but cannot seem to get firm info about the possibility or reality of an Accu-Sim add-on for the P-51D.

Is such a product in the works? Appreciate any comments or verification, one way or the other.

Will be working on the 51 very shortly.
Dudley Henriques

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Post by Air_Wolf »

apollomaker wrote:Hiya Folks ----

Hey;

New here and I just love the P-51 Mustang..use to have a Model of it long ago..a childhood dream plane..anyways just recieved this email reply...

"
Please be aware we are currently working on an Accu-sim Mustang for FSX.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

"
I was inquiring about the Mustang and about to purchase it...

Cheers

Air_Wolf
aka...TCL-Admin*Bearitall
Team Combat League
www.teamcombatleague.com

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The current "Wings of Power 2" P-51D works fine in FSX and is an enjoyable product but it won't be the base for the upcoming AccuSim package. If you need your Mustang fix now and you don't mind buying the Wings of Power 3 version--in other words, another P-51 model--sometime in the unnamed future (there might even be a small discount if you already have the WOP2 version), see the Products tab that is on the A2A Simulations homepage.

There is no ETA for the upcoming WOP3 Mustang/AccuSim package but it has already been in development for more than two years. I feel that we are very close though, possibly before the New Year?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/solo/p51/

Again, this is the Wings of Power 2 version that is currently available and as far as I know it won't be the base for the AccuSim pack. We've seen development shots of a much more detailed P-51 model in the works.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Post by Air_Wolf »

Skycat wrote:The current "Wings of Power 2" P-51D works fine in FSX and is an enjoyable product but it won't be the base for the upcoming AccuSim package. If you need your Mustang fix now and you don't mind buying the Wings of Power 3 version--in other words, another P-51 model--sometime in the unnamed future (there might even be a small discount if you already have the WOP2 version), see the Products tab that is on the A2A Simulations homepage.

There is no ETA for the upcoming WOP3 Mustang/AccuSim package but it has already been in development for more than two years. I feel that we are very close though, possibly before the New Year?

Hey thanks for the update info..So next week, I will purchase the current P-51 Mustang until the Accu-Sim comes out...many thanks..wishing to form a Aerobatic team with it...

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Post by Air_Wolf »

Skycat wrote:http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/solo/p51/

Again, this is the Wings of Power 2 version that is currently available and as far as I know it won't be the base for the AccuSim pack. We've seen development shots of a much more detailed P-51 model in the works.

Just Can't wait unti I get that baby in my hanger... thanks..

By the way what does it mean solo/p51..is it not a multi-player capable???

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

No, "Solo" was a brand line that was created to sell individual downloads of aircraft that had already been released on a CD-ROM collection titled WWII Fighters: Special Edition. Here is the CD on Amazon. In short, four of the five aircraft on the CD later became individual downloads.

Incidently, the "Solo" P-51D was also offered as a bonus on the Aircraft Power Pack DVD, which was an unsually well-marketed Flight Simulator addon that was available at stores like Best Buy, GameStop and WalMart. Aircraft Power Pack was a combined re-release of "Heavy Bombers & Jets" for FS9/FSX and "FirePower" for Combat Flight Simulator 3.

A year or two later the same publisher followed up with a sequel DVD titled Aircraft Power Pack 2. Ths DVD was a re-release of WWII Fighters: Special Edition but it aslo included an early version of the Wings of Power 2 P-40 Warhawk. The DVD also has a stand-alone arcade game based on the Battle of Britain. (I do not have this product so I can't comment on the actual content.)

So there you go, several avenues for acquiring the WoP2 P-51D Mustang. :) The DVD-based products will give you additional aircraft, potentially at a very low cost if you are willing to buy a used DVD.

However you go about it, if you are installing to FSX be sure to apply the FSX update patch afterwards. You can find a link to the patch as a sticky in this forum. The other WWII Fighters/SOLO aircraft also have FSX update patches in their respective forums.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I guess you already know that when you fly multi-player, the other people online have to have the same aircraft installed onto their computer or else Flight Simulator will substitute a stock aircraft and that is what they will see. If you have the A2A P-51D but your buddy does not, he might see your plane as a Cessna 172 or something like that.

BTW, take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmoxVBrZK-Y
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Post by Air_Wolf »

Skycat wrote:I guess you already know that when you fly multi-player, the other people online have to have the same aircraft installed onto their computer or else Flight Simulator will substitute a stock aircraft and that is what they will see. If you have the A2A P-51D but your buddy does not, he might see your plane as a Cessna 172 or something like that.

BTW, take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmoxVBrZK-Y

Yes, I am aware of others must have the same plane as you are flying ...thanks for the reminder...

The Four Horsemen...yes...they fly where ever the Blue Angels..reason is the pilots for the Horsemen are ex-Angel pilots...the video is real nice..

I heard and saw it is very hard to fly formation in FSX..tried it with some friends flying the F-18 SuperBug from Virtual Reality..planes tend to bounce up and down..does this have to do with frame rates...???

Thanks..

PS..I am getting a Tuskegee skin made from a very talented person on these forums...

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”