AutoPilot Function (?)

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
new reply
apollomaker
Airman

AutoPilot Function (?)

Post by apollomaker »

Hello All ----
Well, just got my P51 and loving it. Tried this morning to get the autopilot up and running and cannot get it to respond to the heading bug on the Remote Compass gauge. I assume that is the heading input for the autopilot in the HDG mode (?).

Am I missing some particular set up step because I cannot get it to track a heading.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Bob :mrgreen:

Edit: I later figured out how to get the autopilot tracking. The heading bug on the Remote Compass gauge does not have any apparent effect. Any comments appreciated. :P

elparker
Airman First Class

Re: AutoPilot Function (?)

Post by elparker »

There are no instruments in the cockpit that will allow you to control the autopilot heading. Bring up the Radio screen (Shift+2) and use the interface with the ADI to control the heading. My installation did not have the NAV/GPS switch or the ADI/ADF head displayed. The panel bitmap was corrupt in my installation and after copying the panel bmp file from the P47 into the P51, I got all the controls. However the airplane does not seem to track ILS very well. Especially the glide slope. I am still testing that.

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”