A2A Development Update Dec 2017

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: A2A Development Update Dec 2017

Post by Medtner »

Roadburner426 wrote:We wait until the end of February or earl March and hope for the best. 8)
That time is basically upon us. Time to warm up the F5-key, guys and gals! :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

SolRayz
Airman First Class

Post by SolRayz »

Would it be possible to get some development updates on the P3Dv4 P-51, Spitfire, Thunderbolt, etc? We understand that it takes time, but, please keep us informed. Thank you.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Scott - A2A wrote:I just wanted to give another update, or as much as I am allowed to give without compromising any confidentiality agreements.

Our team moved off of an existing Accu-Sim project that was in the final stages in late November, to move onto another Accu-Sim project that has a hard, unmovable deadline. The project has been going really well, especially since we have had to build all new technologies to meet it's requirements. I am aware how quiet we have been, and this has been difficult for us (and our community) to remain this way as we really want to share what we're working on.

Assuming this project fully materializes with a solid end result, we will be able to make an official press release showing everything that we're working on in late February / Early March.

Scott.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We're getting closer to the day when we can share all of our plans. We all hate being quiet, and we're pushing our partners to get to the point where they are able to publicly announce the projects. Notice, the plural. We're working on two projects simultaneously, one is an Accu-Sim airplane that will be released via traditional channels, the other is an Accu-Sim airplane that will be available via a different channel.

Either way, we are very eager to share our work with everyone. We will announce at least one of the projects in March. In the meantime, we are keeping our nose to the grindstone.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Scott - A2A wrote:We're getting closer to the day when we can share all of our plans. We all hate being quiet, and we're pushing our partners to get to the point where they are able to publicly announce the projects. Notice, the plural. We're working on two projects simultaneously, one is an Accu-Sim airplane that will be released via traditional channels, the other is an Accu-Sim airplane that will be available via a different channel.

Either way, we are very eager to share our work with everyone. We will announce at least one of the projects in March. In the meantime, we are keeping our nose to the grindstone.

Scott.
Good job on the quick turnaround and hard work! We are all quivering with excitement! :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Thanks, Scott!

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Scott - A2A wrote:We're getting closer to the day when we can share all of our plans. We all hate being quiet, and we're pushing our partners to get to the point where they are able to publicly announce the projects. Notice, the plural. We're working on two projects simultaneously, one is an Accu-Sim airplane that will be released via traditional channels, the other is an Accu-Sim airplane that will be available via a different channel.

Scott.

This is great to hear Scott, very exciting for us and the A2A staff I am sure too!

One thing is certain, no other product will come close to what you and the team are working on! Always a superior difference in the quality, community, and passion that A2A delivers!
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Also, just saw the video on facebook of the Aerostar flyover. This will be a HUGE hit with P3D users, as there really aren't any good quality study level twins at all. Heck even turbo props / King Air's are not that good. Especially with the RealAir Turbine Duke not being sold anymore as an alternative to the point and shoot type of addons.

Certainly looking forward to the Aerostar when it is ready as well :)
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Thanks for the update Scott! *re-enters winter hibernation*
Cheers!/Andreas

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Thank you for the update Scott.

PS: that Aerostar sure sounds nice!!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Eugene Kremlev
Senior Airman

Post by Eugene Kremlev »

Maybe, the question was already, but I ask - will there be releases of 377, Cub and Warbirds for P3D v.4? It's importantly for me, please tell me!

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Thanks for the update Scott. Eugene Kremlev the other planes are being converted to P3Dv4 with no definitive timeline as they require a lot of work since they were made before P3D was really a thing in the community. The first aircraft that will be released is the Spitfire followed I would think by the P-40 and the Mustang. The old aircraft like the 377, P-47, Cub, and B-17 are based on even older methods and will probably require even more work to get working properly in P3Dv4.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Thanks Scott, although I don't "quiver with excitement" like Erik :lol: I am looking forward to a new release. :D
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Scott.
Thanks for the update, Scott. My birthday is March 18, so I'd like to be buying myself an Accu-Sim present, preferably the one to be released via traditional channels. An early present would be OK too. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Mike

PS. I'm guessing your noses are quite flat by now..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
ImageImageImageImage

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I hope to see the new project soon Scott How did the training go anyway?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”