Re: Aircraft Factory F4U Corsair Released

Post by MDIvey »

Thanks for reply...I'll try that out

Matt

jedtcat
Airman Basic

Post by jedtcat »

Not sure about the other aircraft, this being the first one I've bought (F4U is one of my favorite planes) but there is definitely enough realism for me. On one of my first approaches I forgot to open the cowl flaps and the carb overheated killing the engine! Luckily I remembered my real world training and put the now down and landed safely in the bush. Would have bent a few things in the real world, but I think I would have survived. The only thing that has come close to this qaulity is a freeware f4u for FS9 and I don't fly that sim much any more. Dam! Now I'm going to have to check out more of this work you folks are doing. When it does get updated to Accusim I guess I will be one of the first in line.
Thanks a lot.............. :roll:

DHR
Airman

Post by DHR »

Hello ; Have to add my 2 cents here. Have always been a big fan of the radial engined warbirds and the Corsair is near the top of the list.
Been flying it around for a few now and I really enjoy it. Must agree with the general consensus, that Accu-Sim is the way to go, and it has 'spoiled' me, but if you crave a Corsair, and can't wait then this really does fill the need....
Great job again A2A and thanks!
One other thing about a previous post..
MDIvey stated: 'I have one question...how do you remove/add rockets?'
The switch is as stated by the right elbow panel but it should be labeled Reflector OFF.

jedtcat
Airman Basic

Post by jedtcat »

You've all seen this right? http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8162002454
Fun :D[url]

wjskyout
Airman

Post by wjskyout »

I'm a great fan of the F-4U, however I would like to know how it stacks up against the other A2A aircraft such as the P-47 without Accusim. I recently purchased this (the P-47), and am very pleased with it overall, an may upgrade it with the Accusim pack, although I am personally not a huge fan of the 'Jug', especially the razorback. I only got it because A2A's attention to detail with WW2 warbird sims are second to none.

I also own several other A2A aircraft, including the B-17, which is one of my favourites, having just completed a round-the-world trip with it. My only minor complaint is being unable to go to other crew stations, although on the plus side, all the A2A planes I have give excellent frame-rates on my average system, compared to my Aerosoft F-16 for example. They also have the best sound packages, as I have found comparing my A2A P-51 to my RealAir Spitfire.

To this end, I am waiting for a decent Lancaster to be released for FSX (Just Flight's planned release sounds like another crappy FS9 upgrade), and the only developers who could do it justice in my opinion is A2A. So how about it? With Accusim detail and Absolute Realism, it could be one of the best vintage 'Heavies' to complement the B-17 in the A2A hangar. A Lanc package focussing on detail rather than piles of different variants would be a winner. I still fly my WOP Lanc, but it is looking a bit dated in FSX now, and I refuse to buy from another company without the same commitment to realism.

RCAF_Gunner
Airman First Class

Post by RCAF_Gunner »

Picked up the F4U yesterday and am thoroughly enjoying it. Thanks to all involved.

Cheers,
Rick

Ruggles
Airman Basic

Post by Ruggles »

I am sorry if this has been covered but I am having issues with frame rate with the F4U. It jumps from 24 fpms to 3 fpms then back. It does this constantly and makes for a jumpy flight. I have not had this problem with any other A2A aircraft, they run at a smooth 24 most of the time.

8thFG
Airman First Class

Post by 8thFG »

I bought it tonight and I love it. Looking forward to the " official A2A treatment"

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Post by mountainhighair »

Don't forget to grab my freeware repaints for the Aircraft Factory Corsair! Click my logo to fly to my website :D

new reply

Return to “F4U Corsair”