The US WWII front line fighter in the Pacific
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Aircraft Factory F4U Corsair Released

Post by Scott - A2A »

For Immediate Release
Farmington, CT – April 21, 2009

The Aircraft Factory F4U Corsair Released
The Aircraft Factory has released its first aircraft, the F4U Corsair for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The Aircraft Factory is a brand new product line managed by A2A Simulations, which delivers solid products at a great price. The Aircraft Factory F4U Corsair can be directly downloaded for $24.99 and includes three models, the F4U-1A, F4U-1C, and the F4U-1D.

The Aircraft Factory F4U Corsair FEATURES
• The premier WWII Fighter in the Pacific Theater.
• F4U-1A, F4U-1C, and F4U-1D models included
• Full feature support with FSX Service Pack 2 or Acceleration
• Detailed aircraft with realistic texturing
• Classic radial-engine sounds inside and out
• Animated pilot looks around as you fly
• A2A / Shockwave 3D lights supported
• 3D instrumentation for smooth response
• Drop wing tanks remove both fuel and weight when released
• Under-wing rockets can be added or removed with a single click

“We have identified three different customers in our flight simulation community who are all are equally passionate about aircraft. One customer is looking for a quality product, but price is very important to them. Aircraft Factory delivers to this customer excellent aircraft at an affordable price. The next customer demands superbly accurate aircraft that are created by, and fly by the book, and this is our long time Wings of POWER / SILVER customer. The third customer wants a product that represent the pinnacle of flight simulator aircraft technology, created without compromise, and which delivers extreme immersive depth into every aspect of the aircraft, providing a stunningly realistic experience from flight performance to the management of the engine and every internal system. This is what our award –winning Accu-Sim line delivers. However, all of these customers share one thing in common – they all love to fly beautiful aircraft, and A2A is dedicated to seeing that whichever level they choose, they will have a first-class flight sim experience,” said Lewis Bloomfield of A2A Simulations Inc.

SCREENSHOTS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/AF_F4U.html

A2A Simulations Inc.

wnt2fly2001
Airman First Class

Re: Aircraft Factory F4U Corsair Released

Post by wnt2fly2001 »

Well now! This is a pleasant surprise! I expect I'll be getting this one when I get home from work tonight :D

Darrell

VFR Reviews
Airman First Class

Post by VFR Reviews »

Looks very good!

Another nice airplane :D

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

The Corsair looks great! The only thing stopping me is accu-sim. I know it doesn't have it now but will it be added in the future? If not i'll probably pass. What can I say, you guys spoiled me with the Thunderbolt :mrgreen:
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Chief1942
Airman Basic

Post by Chief1942 »

Must agree with flyboy. The F4u is one of my all time favorite aircraft but "once they have seen Paree, how are you going to keep them down on the farm?" Having flown the "Jug" with AccuSim, most all other aircraft without that degree of complexity and detail seem somehow "arcadish". Now if Scott or Lewis can make us the offer that an "AccuSim" upgrade to this baby is coming in the future, I'm on it like flies on a cowpie. But barring that, I think I will have to soothe my disappointment by putting in more stick time in the "Jug" and patiently await the AccuSimmed P-51.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We have planned a trip to record all the Corsair sounds for an Accu-Sim explansion pack but there are at least two Accu-Sim packs ahead of the Corsair. Once we have all the research done, we will keep everyone posted on any Accu-Sim developments.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

Thanks for the usual quick response scott. Glad to hear the news about the Corsair. I'm equally excited about the Mustang. You guys are in a league of your own!
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Jedd1965
Airman

Post by Jedd1965 »

I bought it and have been flying around for a short while, and I have a few initial observations: Overall, the graphical representation looks quite good IMO. There are no glass reflections in VC, which may be to the liking of some. However, I prefer the reflections in the virtual cockpit for the added realism. This F4U is a basic sim. You can fly with full manifold pressure, all flaps closed, and RPM maxed with no worries and no climb in cylinder head temp, etc., and the supercharger lever is automated an not clickable. Also, there doesn't seem to be much if any drag effect when gear is lowered and it doesn't have that heart gripping gutteral radial engine sound like the jug, although the sound certainly isn't shoddy.

Now that I've pointed out some observations, I have to say that I'm not at all sorry for this purchase because it is a good sim- no question in my mind- even though many things aren't modeled. I would buy it again. Add the details such as with accu-sim and it would definitely be a sim worth five gold stars.

VFR Reviews
Airman First Class

Post by VFR Reviews »

Scott, you should be proud- you've released a product that people don't want to fly without, and even your own products don't look as good without it :P Accu-Sim is a blessing and a curse, I guess :lol: I know what you guys mean, though. After Accu-Sim, there's really nothing that even comes close...

Chief1942
Airman Basic

Post by Chief1942 »

Yes. I think it is a Catch 22 for the A2A folks. I know we all very much appreciate that they need to "pay the bills" and that offerings such as the F4U help do that, but they have really "set the bar" with their AccuSim releases and it is against that fidelity and accuracy which all other releases will be measured. I always am concerned that taking such a position might be misinterpreted as criticism towards their non-AccuSim releases, but nothing could further from the truth. I have the P-40 and the P-51. But once I acquired the P-47 w/Accusim, my whole appreciation for "immersion" changed by a magnitude of 4. I know A2A is really tuned in to their customer base and will make every effort to provide us with the high quality releases they have become known for. In this case, patience is truly a virtue. :P

Semper Fi!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Chief,

Thanks for those kind words and I have to say, it is music to our ears to hear our customers appreciate Accu-Sim they way they do. But let’s be very clear, Accu-Sim is the very core of our passion and it's getting better all the time.

As for Aircraft Factory, it provides the following:
- An avenue for a wider range of talent to work with A2A
- A stage one of development for some internal products

Currently, we have a lot of aircraft hidden in long development. The magic of Aircraft Factory is we can put some out there in the form of a solid product. If we do this right, we are always moving forwards and never backwards.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I agree. Accu-sim has definately raised the bar of flight simulation. I eagerly await the release of Accu-sim for the Corsair, and the full release of the P-51. The model and textures of the Corsair are a beauty, and she doesn't eat up my frame rates. So thank you guys for continuing to produce quality aircraft.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Chief1942
Airman Basic

Post by Chief1942 »

Ok Lewis & Scott,
In spite of my new found love for all things "AccuSim" I am going to go ahead and support your efforts by purchasing the F4U. For a company that actually cares what their customers think, I can find no better way to show my continued support than to buy your products, AccuSimmed or not. I appreciate that things are probably very challenging in such a small niche like flight simming, especially in these difficult economic times. I wish you continued success and do so look forward to your future releases. "Kick the tires and Light the fires"!! Oh! Wait, that's jet stuff :lol:

Semper Fi!

MDIvey
Airman

Post by MDIvey »

Got mine and like it very much. Thankyou. Good value model I think.

Look forward to some more textures becoming available. some of the 3 tone schemes on some of the aircraft in preservation do look good. Just by way of feedback I would have liked a bit more shine on the glass reflection but thats just personal taste.

I have one question...how do you remove/add rockets? etc. Figured out how to drop fuel tanks. Couldnt see any kind of manual...maybe missed it?

Matt

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

MDIvey wrote:I have one question...how do you remove/add rockets? etc.
There is a switch on the lower right panel near the pilot's elbow that removes the rockets.
MDIvey wrote: Couldnt see any kind of manual...maybe missed it?
You can access the manual either via a shortcut in your 'Start' menu (look for the 'Aircraft Factory' link) or by navigating to the 'xx:\xx\FSX\Aircraft Factory\F4U Corsair' folder where 'xx:\xx' is the installed location of FSX on your computer.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

new reply

Return to “F4U Corsair”