Totally black P-47

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
SSI01
Airman

Totally black P-47

Post by SSI01 »

I have installed the basic P-47 plus add-on textures for each of the variants. Now after starting FSX, choosing the pertinent P-47 I want to fly, and loading it into the sim - after the screen comes up I am confronted with a jet black P-47, no detail to texture at all. Everything works - I can start aircraft, control surfaces work, animations work - just I can not see the aircraft, it is coal-black. Basic aircraft plus add-ons installed in exact accordance with instructions. Cause?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Totally black P-47

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Can you give us a quick run down of what you are doing to install the repaint and also which repaint with a link just to check its the right repaint for for the right product.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

SSI01
Airman

Post by SSI01 »

I'm getting these repaints from "sim-outhouse.com," in the "warbirds" "texture" section. One is "Sylvia." File name "JK_P47_Sylvia.zip."
Procedure is to transfer texture file per instructions directly into the pertinent texture folder for the P-47 in question (i.e., -20, -22, -23). Next, highlight and transfer .cfg text from (usually) "readme" file located with the texture file. I make sure the .cfg file entries are in proper numerical order. I've noticed one thing. The .cfg file material in each "readme" file has the right model in it (i.e., -20, -22, -23). Some however are for "Shockwave WoP P-47," others are for "Shockwave A2A WopIII P-47." Example: "Shockwave World War II Fighters P-47D Thunderbolt" vice "A2A Wings of Power III P-47D Thunderbolt" vice "Accusim A2A P-47D". I take it some are fundamentally non-compatible with the A2A P-47 I've installed yesterday. Some of that can be changed w/Accusim purchase, but I guess we'll have to forego others. Am I guessing correctly?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Yes, SSIO1, I've done this before! If you try to apply a texture for an older model to a newer you get all black textures. Those that are for WoPIII (and, I assume, accu-sim) should be fine. Do consider the accu-sim package for a future purchase- you won't be disappointed!

SSI01
Airman

Post by SSI01 »

OK, for future reference, please let me posit this and see if I've figured this out correctly.

I am running FS9 elsewhere on my computer. In FS9, I have the WWII Fighters P-47 along with the other aircraft (all excellent, btw) in the pack. I can look into the "texture" folder in this file and see the setup re: how the texture files are structured, and move the right textures out of the FSX aircraft file into the FS9 file fine. In fact, I've already done that twice today. That means the "WWII Fighters" textures are meant for FS9. Can they be used in the "Wings of Power II" installation as well? I note that works in FS9 and FSX. That means some of these textures I have had problems with (all black) WILL WORK in FSX if I first install WOPII, correct?

The WOP III files are self-explanatory. My confusion arose from the use of the WWII Fighters textures strictly in FS9 alone, while those associated with WOP II will work in EITHER FS9 or FSX.

Figured out correctly?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You will have to refer to your repaints as to which product they are produced for. Over the years there have been three P-47 products from us. WOPI-II-III.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

SSI01
Airman

Post by SSI01 »

OK thanks.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The multiple releases and variants of some of A2A's earliest products often causes confusion. Even I sometimes have problems sorting out the repaints, and I've been following the company since FirePower for Combat Flight Simulator 3. :)

Here's a quick rundown...

Wings of Power P-47 - Only for FS9, and the only A2A product that has the bubble-topped P-47D-25, P-47M, P-47N and XP-72 "Ultrabolt." (Note: The Accusim expansion is not compatible with this product.)

Wings of Power II Thunderbolt: Removed from A2A Online Store. In circa 2006, it was first made available on a boxed retail CD for FS9/FSX titled "WWII Fighters: Special Edition" that offered only a razorback P-47D (improved slightly from the WoP Thunderbolt pack) as well as Wings of Power II series P-51D Mustang, Spitfire Mk.I, Bf109E and Japanese A6M "Zero." All of these aircraft except the A6M were later released as individual SOLO Line downloads; and one last time on the "Aircraft Power Pack 2" DVD. Sometime later, A2A Simulations released a patch for the Wings of Power II Thunderbolt that fixed some glitches and made it more compatible with FSX SP2. (Note: The Accusim expansion is not compatible with this product, even with the final FSX compatibility patch.)

Wings of Power 3: P47 Razorback: Made exclusively for FSX, and is a different model than earlier release versions. The Accusim expansion is designed for this version, and adds additional sounds and realism features.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Sorry, just read your later posts....
Procedure is to transfer texture file per instructions directly into the pertinent texture folder for the P-47 in question (i.e., -20, -22, -23)
This bit of instruction tells me the texture is only for the Wings of Power III model. As I said before, the Wings of Power III model was completely new, and it has a different mapping for the textures.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

SSI01
Airman

Post by SSI01 »

Many thanks for those fine points. I thought I'd noted a WOP II P-47 on the A2A site but reckon tired eyes were telling me something that ain't there. I've already got the FS9 only P-47 and obviously the -III version for FSX only. Only the -II is left to bring things up to speed if it ever appears again.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

WoP II P-47 "Solo" at FS Pilot Shop:
http://www.fspilotshop.com/a2a-simulati ... p-631.html
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”